1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's next?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Michelle33, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Michelle33

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to my husband of 12 years yesterday that I am bisexual. I haven't ever told anyone else not close family or friends. In all honesty ive never acted on it either. I've only ever dated cis men. I also got married and had kids pretty young I was 22. I'm sick of hiding who I am. My husband took the news amazingly and even said he had a feeling that I was bi. I've never told my close family and friends because I just felt so alone in it. I remember my cousin coming out as bi and my mother saying that she was so glad her children are not like that. She believes you can just be straight, lesbian, or gay. She said a person who is bi is just confused on what they want. That was 10 years ago. I'm now 33 and really finding out who I am and I don't want to hide anymore. I feel my mother has also really grown since those words being said so long ago. Please don't take what I said about her badly she is an amazing person and has learned better since then. I feel its ok to come out now. My children are getting older as well and I want to be an example to them that its ok to be who you really are. I've never done this before and i'm scared. Are there any books, websites, advice you can give me? In my mind I keep thinking is there really a point in telling anyone this? I mean I'm in a monogamous relationship and have kids which is what works best for me. No disrespect for others that practice different.

DecentOne likes this.
  2. Really

Hey @Michelle33

Welcome to EC! Lots of similar stories here. Pop over to the LGBT Later in Life section and check out the threads and post your own. There’ll be tons of ideas and support there.

#2 Really, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  3. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats on coming out to your husband you and me are alot like I got married 21 wife knew I was either Bi or Gay and accepted me.