1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your number on the Kinsey scale?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RainbowsFactory, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Kimberley

I'm a 6. However as a psychology student I know this is not one of the best measures. Although it was one of the first models to suggest fluidity which has been extremely helpful to many so I won't go into much of a critique.

2. Loveislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't get the Kinsey scale. What does it measure? Behavior? Attraction? Sexual or aesthetic attraction? I can remember one incident in my life at which I might've had sex with a guy voluntarily. But, I tried after that incident to masturbate while thinking of him when I was alone to test if I was truly attracted to him. It didn't do anything for me. So, does this one incident make me incidentally heterosexual? I never struggle to masturbate while thinking about the girls that I am attracted to. So I don't think so. That's what is confusing me about the Kinsey scale. 'Incidentally heterosexual' means to me that you are a bisexual, yet a lot of self identified gay people seem to put themselves into this category too. It seems to me that the meaning of each Kinsey scale category varies greatly among the posters in this topic.