1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is my sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by chaoticheart, Sep 15, 2022.

1. chaoticheart

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm still struggling with my sexuality.
    I've been questioning my sexuality for many years now.

I'm attracted to woman.
    It feels so intense when I think about being in a relationshop with a woman, so tingly, so right and romantic.
    I want it so much.
    Sadly I never was.

When I think about being with another man it doesn't feel right or tingly or romantic.

I'm not interested in dating another man or getting to know men in a romantic manner because it doesn't feel romantic to me at all.

But here is the thing.
    I'm in a relationship of 8 years with a man.
    So many times I wanted to have sex with him so bad.
    So many I definitely felt that sexual attraction towards him.
    I'm deeply emotionally connected to him.
    But I never felt that tingly feeling of being in love with him.

Because of my sexual attraction towards of him since I'm with him I always identified myself as bisexual but it never felt completely right to me since I'm just not interested in dating man, feel no attraction to men in general.

Before I met my partner I already noticed that thinking about being with a woman feels way more intense and romantic to me than thinking about being with a man and that I felt no tingly or romantic feeling at all while getting to know men in a romantic manner.
    But I wanted to be attracted to men so much. I didn't wanted to be a lesbian.
    So I kept holding on that I'm bisexual.

Years ago I questioned my sexuality all over again. I identified myself as a lesbian for some time.
    I was completely fine with it, I didn't wanted to force myself to be attracted to men anymore but I still felt that urge to sleep with my male partner, felt that sexual attraction.
    So I couldn't continue to identify as a lesbian either because it didn't feel right.

So what do you think?

#1 chaoticheart, Sep 15, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
  2. FireFox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't worry too much about a title, sounds like to me you're bisexual with a leaning towards lesbian but either way I think you're putting too much thought into it.

It is what it is, just let it flow :blush:

chaoticheart and Rayland like this.
  3. Omnis Leevene

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Do you find women sexually attractive and do you want to have sex with a woman? Romantic orientation and sexual orientation are two different things. One can be sexually attracted to men without being romantically involved.
    If you think you are also sexually attracted to women, you are probably homoromantic-bisexual.
    If you do not find women sexually attractive, you are probably homoromantic-heterosexual.

4. chaoticheart

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, I'm sexually attracted to women.

5. Omnis Leevene

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You are probably homoromantic-bisexual, but of course nobody can define your sexuality except for yourself. Hope it helps!

chaoticheart likes this.
  6. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    from what I've seen, bi people don't necessarily feel the same way towards both ends of the spectrum.

Given that you still feel a deep connection with your male partner, sounds to me like you're bi but really picky when it comes to men.

chaoticheart likes this.
  7. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I won't presume to know for certain, but it does sound like you're bisexual with a stronger preference for women (or perhaps there are simple fewer types of men that draw your attention in comparison). It's also possible that you are a lesbian and that you've suppressed much of your same-sex attraction by finding men "attractive" as a means of holding on to a sense of normalcy; this would be completely subconscious on your part, but it does happen more than most people think.

That said, if you've found guys attractive without trying, just as you've felt yearning for women--then the original belief of bisexual seems as good a guess as any.

At the end of the day, the only person who can know for sure is you. I just hope we can help you along. :slight_smile: