1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is more important to you sex or romance ?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Linux Lenny, Jun 19, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Romance I like sex but I would want more in a relationship

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Romance, by a long shot.

I'd rather stir and move the soul, than the body, if that makes any sense. The essence of an individual can only grow stronger, while the body will, eventually, cave in. I want what will always be there, to be.

I'm such a sentimental klutz. Somebody shoot me!

:lol:

3. With a guy, I would want our relationship to be just romantic.

With a girl, I see both as really important. Of course, I would hate it (and would have to leave her) if a girl just wanted me for sex, but honestly, I see sex in such a real emotional and personal way. I've always craved and even cried over a woman's touch (I cried because I wanted it so bad) because for me, if we have sex, it'd feel more like a bond rather than just this lust. Once my girlfriend and I have sex, if we are still together when we get a chance to meet, instead of just having an orgasm, the thing I'd get out of it is the feeling that I am truly loved. Maybe this is some kind of weird mental thing I have going on with me, but even if a woman was kind of controlling in my life or even a little mean to me in our relationship, if we had sex, I'd still feel like she loves me. Yeah, I think that's just a problem I need to fix, but still, I see both as SO important. I think it just depends on the person. If you see sex in a way like I do with a woman (or whoever you want to have sex with). then I think it does have a big influence on you, but if you just see it as pleasure, then you'd probably prefer romance more.

As for me though, with a woman, I like both equally, but with a guy, I just want the romance and no physical things with him other than kissing or cuddling.

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2014 at 10:24 PM ----------

Your sentimental-ness is what I like about you though and your wisdom and knowledge as well :slight_smile:

For now, with me and a woman, sex really can move my soul almost just as much as romance because I see it more like this bond. I don't know, maybe I'm thinking of it in such an emotional way because I never had it before, but still, that's how I feel though!

4. twosoups

I'm a sucker for romance

5. the prince

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I am really in love with someone I'll never be able to think about sex with him, so 100% to romance and 0% to sex.

6. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say both are important but, if I have to choose one, I would choose romance. I think love lasts longer than lust...it fades quickly.

7. birdking

to me? neither lol I'm aromantic & asexual

but I think both are important to some degree. It depends what a person is looking for.

8. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really depends on the situation. If I'm single and don't like any person in particular, I'm more interested in sex. And I don't need to be romantically involved with someone to be able to enjoy having sex with them.

But when I do have one person I really like, then romance/affection is definitely just as important. I wouldn't say one is more important or I 'want' one more than the other, though. Obviously I want the romance, but I want sex too. Plus, sex with someone you love has a 'romantic' aspect to it as well.. it's not just getting off, as it would be with someone you don't even care about.

9. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's hard to choose. I can imagine sex without romance, though I prefer at least my first experience with a woman to be with someone I really care about, but it's hard for me to imagine romance without sex. I'm a giver and when I love someone I want to share that part of myself with my partner, to express my love through sex.

10. gaycrohnie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Romance and affection like cuddling is way more important to me.

11. Sarah2695

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Probably the romance...but sex is a close second.

12. TheStormInside

Definitely the romance. I'd rather have a close confidant and friend, someone to be there for, who will be there for me, than simply a sexual partner.

13. VIPInspirit

Sex is cool, but at the same time it's not important to me. I'm more of the romantic type anyway, I don't have to have that part of a relationship to be okay, although I know I have a pretty high sex drive as it is so I'm bouncing off the walls a lot but I'd be alright if me and my girlfriend never had sex at all.

14. girlpower

well! based on my experiences i'd say romance.

15. Ghosting

... Fascinating. I say both and the reason I say this is because the more 'in-love' I am with someone, the more and more I desire sexual contact with them. Though the romance is likely what 'gets me there' to the point of such desire, if there was no way to express that desire sexually, THAT would actually be a worse feeling than having sex without romance (a one night stand, or having sex with someone whom I thought I shared a romantic interest in).

Then again, I consider myself to be a fairly sexually expressive person given the right situation and/or circumstance and I'm in my 30s.

16. softbutch5765

Well if we break up, I'll be prioritizing sex more.

17. the lone wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sex is part of the romance if you do it right! :grin:

18. Yosia

Romance definitely.

19. McShuggles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Romance is more important to me than sex. I've never had sex before, and I find myself longing for the opportunity, but it's not something I'd prize over romance, definitely not. My mum had to undergo cancer treatment for cells in the vagina (maybe womb, I forget) and although it left her able to have sex, it extremely hurts, and therefore - even though she's only 37, she does not have sex anymore, so I have learned from her footsteps and realised that, to me, intimacy and romance and the fact of sharing your life with someone is just more important than the love-making.

20. Linux Lenny

I am sorry to hear that (*hug*)