1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News What health providers think of their patients

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Tightrope, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's hard enough getting ill and going to the doctor. It's harder when they may not like you and you can sense it. I glanced at this story and then took a closer look.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...f0cc0d8915c443c9b46609feae97560&ei=10#image=1

You just can't win. In this story, they looked down on this man because they thought he wasn't smart enough. They also don't like you when you are smart enough, remember the details, and ask pointed questions.

I have caught a few unnecessary comments on summaries from office visits. The other thing is that if you deal with one of the large groups with offices all over the place, they put protecting each other above patient care.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's gross for sure. Now I'm wondering what's on my file lol.

But WHY would anybody write stuff down that they didn't want them to see.....when there is even the smallest possibility they'd see it?

3. Colm

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just arrogance and a sense of superiority. There seems to be a (large) minority of doctors who are in it exclusively for the money / power and don't empathise at all with their patients.

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Many of them, which compromises the quality of the care you receive. I try to stay as healthy as possible because I don't like interacting with them if I don't have to.

5. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's ironic that the clinic and that doctor are the ones who are now dealing with the fallout from their own stupidity. Its nice to see when the arrogant get outplayed.

I think they are not as smart as they think they are. History is full of these stories where the arrogant and proud are prone to making the most idiotic mistakes in judgement. There are several types of intelligence, and book smart does not necessarily make you gain a high level of common sense.

6. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oof what an unethical as fuck doctor...I mean really. Now I wonder if my dr has notes like that about me...I sure hope not. I feel so sorry for this guy. He didn't deserve to be insulted by his own dr talking behind his back making unprofessional as fuck notes. If I was this guy and this was my doctor...I would report him to the medical ethical boards if such a thing existed...and talk about that experience too...word of mouth gets around fast. I hope that doctor looses his medical license and that guy gets the care he needs elsewhere. Nobody deserves to go through that shit on top of what was already a bad situation...the guy already felt bad enough he wasn't working...that stupid ass doctor just added insult to injury....glad somebody was looking out for him to advise him to see somebody else.

7. Loves books

Some doctors just don’t care about patients. I saw a physiotherapist for a sore knee nice guy, he suggested I get an MRI and I have a torn meniscus. The physio told me the doctor would use every excuse to not fix it. 3 years later after me repeatedly telling a consultant that my degenerative muscle condition prevented me from strengthening any muscle he still told me to strengthen the muscle above my knee. He didn’t seem to know that could help prevent a torn meniscus not fix it.