1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by g4y0rstr8, Jan 6, 2022.

1. g4y0rstr8

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey everyone, I don't know if anyone will read this, but I have questions. To give you background info, I'm a 14 year old in the South with doubts about who I like. For starters, I've always been asked if I'm gay. From my voice being high when I was young, to being friends with predominantly girls, doing musical theatre, to doing no sports. I don't really identify with some of the behavior of the other guys in my school, but I do hang out with them. I discovered the world of the LGBTQIA+ in 6th grade. When my friend told me she liked a girl in her homeroom, I was really confused. From then on, I was in a friend group of all types of people, pansexual, bisexual, etc. 6th grade was when people took it upon themselves to ask me if I was gay. One guy asked me in front of a couple of my friends, even though I was dating a girl at that point (they later dated at one point, awkward for me). I moved schools that summer because I got a scholarship to a private school in a different part of the state. So, when I got there it was like started any other school. Make friends, get use to the curriculum, etc. I got into this friend group of 3, and I was doing fine. Then, one day this guy asked me if I was gay. It was once, so I didn't think anything about it. Then one morning, this guy walks in, in front of the entire class, and asks me across the room if I was gay. He left and the people at my table said not to listen to him. I ended up telling a teacher I was close with about it, and we had this conversation about how he shouldn't have done that, no one should ask someone, blah blah blah. 8th grade I ended up becoming really good friends with the girls and I became sort of a therapist for drama that was happening. At this point I was best friends with one of the guys in the friend group I mentioned early. Between this time and the beginning of 9th grade, I started watching gay tiktoks and other gay things like RPDR. Last semester, one person filled me in with drama, which included that she was a lesbian. I was really blown away because I would have never guessed, and she told me she trusted me because she thought I was gay. One night after exams, I stayed the night at the best friend's house. We shared a bed and we watched a movie in his bed. After we fell asleep, I could feel him close to me. At some points in the night, our feet touched and he put his arm up on me, but I didn't move. I didn't want us to move from where we were. Also, I went to a theatre competition and before my duet, a duet went and left the room after. It was a boy and girl duo, and when the boy left, I'm pretty sure he winked at me. I was thinking about it for a little while later. (I ended up going to state and won 1st place in my event :slight_smile: ) Anyways, I've just been confused about what I am because of everything that has happened around me. If anyone has some opinions on my story, please respond. Thanks for reading this. :slight_smile:

2. Y2B

Y2B

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome, and thank you for sharing your story with us. From the looks of it, seems you are happy having interaction with other boys. Are you attracted to girls the same way?

#2 Y2B, Jan 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  3. g4y0rstr8

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, I mainly just view girls as friends, but I can appreciate a beautiful girl.

4. Y2B

Y2B

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you like both girls and boys then you are Bisexual. However, at your age your sexuality isn't set in stone. Don't stress yourself looking for a label. I think it's too early. You're exploring right now and you may turn more into gay or straight in the future. No one knows. Give yourself more time and you'll find the answer.

5. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, @g4y0rstr8, and welcome to EC!

I think what it really comes down to here is: how do you feel? When you look at boys and look at girls, do you experience (or have you ever experienced) attraction--be it one, the other, or both? Have you ever felt an inexplicable pull towards someone; wanted to get to know them better, be friends, spend more time with them, felt jealous if they paid attention to someone else/left out, thought about them a lot even when you're apart and busy with other things, etc?

Ultimately, no one here can really tell you definitively whether you're gay, bi or otherwise; it's something you have to work out for yourself. But hey, don't worry; you're still young, still have plenty of time to work it out, and it sounds like you're in a pretty safe place in order to sort through your feelings. Just give yourself time and be patient; the answers will come when you're ready. :slight_smile:

LostInDaydreams likes this.