1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by johndeere3020, Jun 18, 2022.

1. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's been a little while since I have been around here so I thought I would give a little update.

Heartstopper, watched the series a couple of times. The first was incredibally sad for me, as I suspect it was for many older folks. The innate, if thats the correct word, feeling of being different and not knowing why, at least at first. Then starting to figure things out like Nick. Having Google in 1985 would have been nice! Although never out in HS I got labeled, Harry, the bully was pretty mild compared to what I got back then. Charlie, at the drum set with his sister wondering why he even existed, well, made me cry.

The second watch was different, the same feelings were present but also the feeling of hope and change. If not in the US at present but at least across the pond. Fight the fight. Don't let political partys push us back in the closet. They are using relgion to justify banning abortion, once achieving their goals LGBT freedoms will be next.

The house remodel is almost finished, just have to case the living room and kitchen windows and make some baseboard and then NO more remodeling ever! New sheetrok, proper insulation, updated electrical, new cabinets and floor refinishing. The pantry cupboard doors will be next summer cause the cabinet maker is six months behind. Overall much better that an electric fry pan and cooking in the living room!

If you like country style music, check out the new Orval Peck release. Gay singer, really good! Spinning the vinyl as I am writing.

Found a really cool guitar instructer, havent been any lesson for a month or so but hope to start again next week. Really helps the mind to concertrate on something other than the past.

About the past, I think I can forgive my father for most of his behavior. @PatrickUK, @quebec, When I tried to tell him I was different, and his reaction. I don't know if I can ever let that one go. If your a man and cannot accept the fact that your child may grow up different that you expect there are three options. Keep your pants up, buy a Trojan, or use your hand. Don't have a kid if you dont have an open mind.

Trying to quit smoking, insides have pretty much been shaking for the last three days.....

Dean

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dean.....Good to hear from you! :old_smile: I'll bet you will be glad when the remodel is finished. It's tough when your father rejects you. Mine was my step-father, but the hurt was pretty much the same. Hang in there...you know that we care about you and will always be here for you.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for writing an update. You have a lot on your plate. You're right that it's good to take up things that distract us from what hurts. We may still have to work on what hurts but we can also pick a good time when we can work on those too.

We have all had different trials and tribulations. Some of the therapists I have had were really taken aback by things that I have experienced.

We support you.