1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undertale (and other work by Toby Fox)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jinkies, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Gallium

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This post fills me with DETERMINATION.

I have been trying the Genocide route, but I'm stucked in
    The fight against Sans, and his endless attacks

At least I already ended it on Pacifist and the "Mettaton ending".

2. Kipster

Out Status:
    Some people
    So I finally beat Undertale for the first time last night...Oh man that was a trip. I got the neutral route, because (SPOILERS, I GUESS? i dunno) I killed Toriel by accident.. I felt soooo bad when that happened...But now I gotta do the genocide route, so I can get it out of the way cause I'm gonna feel real bad doing that, then i can do the pacifist route so I can feel better :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It's such an awesome game, though. Just, wow, man. I think it's my 3rd favorite game now, behind Earthbound and Mother 3. So good.

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I should go ahead and warn you before you proceed! Whoops!

Completing the genocide route "taints" the game, making it impossible to get any real pacifist ending afterwards. I could be more specific, but I'd be giving away major spoilers then.

4. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you can't do a pacifist route on the first run anyway. Also I'd highly recommend you do a pacifist before a genocide.

---------- Post added 19th Nov 2015 at 05:45 AM ----------

Didn't Toby Fox make than Homestuck thing about that Homestuck character giving birth or something? I love Toby Fox.

5. Nikky DoUrden

Why not ? if im not mistaken i did the pacifist route first, and it worked well at the very end!
    My second run was netural one .. i didnt know u actually have to kill EEVERRYYTHING in the universe for the genocide run, so eventually i just looked at the genocide ending on youtube and its wickeeeeed

6. Jellal

Er... I know Toby did some music for Homestuck, but I think that's as far as his involvement went, lol

7. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can't do a pacifist route first time., I don't know why but it just continues like a neutral run. If you do a genocide route first you can't see the "true pacifist ending" because genocides affect every subsequent game, even after a true reset.

---------- Post added 19th Nov 2015 at 12:51 PM ----------

Oh yeah, in 2010 there was this MS Paint rule against art that shows any kids pregnant, and I found an album Toby made called "The Baby is You" about Dave Strider giving birth to John Eggbert.

http://super-villain.org/whywouldyoudothis/thebabyisyou.html

8. DinelodiiGitli

About the pacifist route SPOILERS.
    Technically you can to a pacifist run the first time right up until Asgore because you have to kill him. After that end and the whole Flowey battle you can be brought back to get the true pacifist ending where Asgore lives (no, you don't have to play through the whole game again).

#28 DinelodiiGitli, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  9. Kipster

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well thank god I decided to change my mind and do a pacifist run first! I don't think I could bring myself to doing a genocide run, to be honest...I love these characters too much to do that.

This time around I'm getting to the Core, I just got to the hotel. I'm also trying to do anything else I may have missed last time, like Temmie Village or the thing at Undyne's house.

10. Summer Rose

So I managed to complete the Genocide run (w/o tainting)
    (major spoiler ahead)
    Proof: [​IMG]

Ironically, had it not been for the final boss, I wouldn't have done the Genocide route (so grindy and dull). Overall love the game, even the frustrating parts, and it's been awhile since a genuine challenge has also been fun.

If there is even one minor complaint, it's having to defeat the two neutral path bosses in order to unlock unrelated sequences REQUIRED for the pacifist route; I find that odd and it feels like padding.

11. UnendingVoid

Genocide route provides 2 main challenges:
    1. As the encounter rate is low in everywhere but the ruins, grinding enemies becomes tedious
    2. As you have to play it after the pacifist run or
    it will corrupt all future runs
    so it's kind of a soul crushing experience all round tbh

12. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh boy... Rant time about my genocide run... Putting it all under a spoiler thing as a precaution.
    I almost backed down when I had to kill Papyrus. In general, I was reluctant to do the run because I was aware of the Sans fight at the end and what emotions that implied from a character standpoint. See, the skeleton brothers are my favorite characters (*cough* never would've guessed, huh? *cough*) so I definitely didn't want to kill them. Then... Oh god, I almost reset after Papyrus said he still had faith in me. I've never felt so guilty from playing a game.

Then at the end...It took me 118 tries to defeat Sans (that may seem excessive, but for what it's worth, I was playing with my keyboard, and my up and down arrow keys are half the size of my left and right. It's dumb. Also not fun to dodge some of his attacks with). Hooooly god was that difficult. I was super excited once I did...until I actually had to kill him. His last lines kill my soul. It's...so simple... Just asking if Papyrus wants something from Grillby's but it all rains down on me that he's dead and all and then I just dieeeeeee.

Ever since I beat the genocide run, I feel the emotions continually sweeping over me and I'm always like "I won. But at what cost?". Also, I will fight Chara. They'll prooobably win. But I will fight them. Somehow. Watch me.

Conversely from all of that sad, I really enjoyed the pacifist run. All around this game has some of the most interesting characters I've seen in a while and I love it. It's quickly become my favorite.

13. Jellal

oh my god

:roflmao:

14. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This game has has been my favorite game I've played in a long time. I don't think I've been this involved with the characters and story of a vido game in a long time. Seriosly I can't stop thinking about this game. I may have a problem...

After I beat the Pacifist ending, I went back to try and do a Genocide ending. I failed. Why? I didn't have the heart to kill lesser dog.

Spoilers for one of the nuetral endings:
    So instead I got a nuetral ending spoiler. I killed every boss except for Mettaton, thus making him emporer of the Underground. What can I say? He's one of my favorite characters.

I'm probably gonna play this game over and the over to see all the nuetral endings I can get. Eventually, Ill tackle the Genocide run and probably cry.
    i honestly doubt Ill ever be able to get passed Undyne the Undying tho. T-T

15. DinelodiiGitli

This game.

It does things to you.

16. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It does. I had a dream last night where my genocide run messed up my game so bad that ever time I reloaded it, it loaded right before the last fight and the room would progressively become more and more decayed each time I reloaded it. More fire, more destruction in general, that hallway started to look more and more like Hell each time I loaded it in my dream.

...And I felt teeeerrible. I started crying in my dream. All I wanted to do was fix the game so that I could do a legit pacifist run again. Yet nothing I tried worked, and it always loaded me right there, before the last fight.

...Yea, this game does serious things to you.

17. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here, hav TEM

[​IMG]

TEM is here for u friend. TEM help in sad times. TEM halp in good times. TEM fill you with DETEMMIENATION.

18. DinelodiiGitli

I feel your feels. (*hug*)

Hav som more TEM.
    GOTTA HELP TEM TEM GO TO COLLEG.
    [​IMG]

#38 DinelodiiGitli, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  19. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian