1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Understand my Sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by flippsiesplash, Oct 4, 2011.

1. flippsiesplash

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have been thinking for days that isnt the first time i have had feelings for women, although i have been abused by men for years my sexuality has been for women. Now that i have realized and thought through,, my personality and all that has changed.

Because i am autistic my symptoms have developed more and i have been feeling different about my sexuality actually feeling comfortable with my sexuality. I have spoken to few helplines and they have said abuse can cause my sexual orientation to change.

I spoken to my friend, who is also in my situation and is going to take me to this youth club and he going to take me there Thursday and he will chat to the staff about me as he goes to this club too. I feel i am going to chicken out that no one will like me and so on

2. whatsnormal7

Im sorry about being abused! but I dont think that anything can change your sexual orientation- you are born with it. I would say try dating girls and see how you like it.

3. J Snow

While I don't think that be abused can "change" your sexual orientation, according to Kinsey's work, most people are in fact bisexual, and being abused could have caused you to reevaluate your orientation. It doesn't really matter why you like what you like though. All that matters is that you like it.

4. flippsiesplash

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It has change my orientation though. too early date. friend taking me to LGBT youth club

---------- Post added 4th Oct 2011 at 05:48 PM ----------

im not attracted to men

5. J Snow

Well it could be that you were always more attracted to women, but your attraction to men was more socially constructed because that's what you were told you were supposed to like. I used to think I was attracted to girls (perhaps I was) but since I've come out and really addressed my attraction to guys, I don't feel I am anymore.

6. flippsiesplash

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    i do not understand what construction