1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transitioning or sex change in dreams?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DoriaN, Dec 8, 2014.

1. DoriaN

I know I've heard people talk about this before, but I guess I figured I'd make a topic about it.

Last night I had a dream I had sex reassignment surgery. Like all dreams it was a little odd, it was like the Amazing Race and SRS mixed. Almost like you were standing in line, my turn came up and boom, surgery.

I remember the... strange sensation in my genital area. I think part of it is feelings of how it actually will be, also mixed with my reactions to watching surgery videos (Which are very squeemish I might add).

For me it seems like my dream self reflects my current self. Growing up I dreamt as either male or female, but as I transitioned I tend to be mtf or female in dreams, with the male only appearing in past tense.

I know when we obsess about stuff it can appear consciously or subconsciously in dreams, but I still find it intriguing.

I mean, to give an idea, I woke up 4 hours late today, but I was enjoying my dream so much. I recall looking down at my new parts and it was more of a feeling of 'Huh... Cool.". I even felt the dynamic pains. Neat stuff.

Anyone want to share similar experiences? Preferably without getting overly graphic.

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They're rare, but I've had dreams where I wake up post-op after surgery. In one, I specifically remember feeling weird chest sensations; but it's hard to describe what they were since it's been a few years. The only others that come to mind are where I'm a cis male, but I'll stop here--but add that I have some memories of a few sensations and they were intense.

3. JustJJx

I've had a few dreams where I'm in a female body and I love them, sad when I wake up and realize :frowning2:

4. IS92

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think I've ever dreamt I was undergoing SRS, but I have noticed that 9 times in 10 I am a male-bodied person in my dreams. I'm pretty sure that that much at least goes much farther back than most of my gender questioning, too... hm. Interesting.

5. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never had dreams about surgery, but I do have many where I'm a cis male. It's so delightful.

6. Polka Dots

Same here.