1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today Was a Big Day

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tallguy1973, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When you gonna tell your daughter ?

2. BiBarefeet

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Tallguy1973, I can really relate to your situation and your feelings. It is certainly not easy, is it...but you have at least made the first step. You are braver than I have been. I remember when I mentioned something to my late mother, when she was in a care home for dementia three years ago. A couple of months before her passing she asked me how my wife was (most days she could not decide if I was her husband, brother, uncle, nephew, son, you name it, but on this day she knew who I was - she just couldn't remember any specific detail about my wife). Anyway, I told her that we were not getting on, and that I was more interested in being around other guys than my wife...she just looked at me, confused as usual...I was too damn scared to even tell her that I suspected that I might be gay, and even then, in her weakened and confused state, I was too much of a coward to make that admission to her, even though she may have forgotten it within twenty seconds - it was the fear of her not forgetting it that overwhelmed me. I was brought up in an all female, single parent family with my mother and two older sisters, and it was a pretty strict and homophobic environment, and I was regularly told that I would be disowned if I turned out gay, so I was determined not to be like that and make my mother proud of me...and all those years later, she still had that hold on me. So I applaud you for doing what you did.