1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News The global right's two greatest heroes spoke at CPAC over the weekend.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by mnguy, Aug 12, 2022.

1. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I keep trying to understand how these two and others like them ever acquired power.

It's hard to understand how everyday people who don't have hard lives empathize with Trump. I've read that the way he talks makes them think that he's got their backs. They can't see through it. This is the one person in power who has been the farthest thing from everyday people and their needs.

Now that he has more complicated squabbles in view, these everyday people are sending him money!!! This is no different than what gullible people did with religious TV people who had toll free numbers and were revealed to be fraudulent. I view him as more of a cult leader than an autocrat. The only ray of hope is that grounded GOP people are willing to stand up to him, and this includes Mitt Romney and others like him who are vocal opponents of those GOP politicians who have gone off the rails.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The very beginning of the second paragraph was not what I meant. It should have said:

"It's hard to understand how everyday people who don't have a lot and have hard lives"