1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Blackout Club (PC, PS4, Xbox)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kizz, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I'm just popping back here for nostalgic purposes, I feel I should drop a big recommendation to everyone to play The Blackout Club. It feels like the sorta game this forum would really dig

It's a stealth-based multiplayer (though can be singleplayer too, if you host a private server) game where a group of 4 kids have to infiltrate a secret underground base in order to sabotage, survey or steal from the evil lair without getting caught. All the adults are out and sleepwalking, being controlled by some evil like, god or demon or ghost. They're called "Voices". If you cause too much chaos during your mission, then this invisible guy comes and tries to put you to sleep, so you become one of the people wandering around the place. You can only see them if you close your eyes. You can talk to other players via text chat, or voice. It's also got a good character customiser, though nearly everything needs to be unlocked with in-game currency you earn as you play the game.

They also have stalkers - an optional feature where a 5th player can invade the game and snitch on you from afar, until captured. It is disabled by default, until you stalk someone else's game by "spending" a token, earned by catching a stalker or using in-game earnable currency. They it is enabled from that point on, and if disabled through settings, you lose all saved up tokens to be the stalker.

They do events - currently regulated to Friday/Saturday due to COVID - called "Enhanced Horror". It's essentially a pantomime act, where the characters in the game - of which there are a pantheon of voices, as well as some club leaders and other groups with their own agendas - interact with the kids playing. It used to be done via loud, booming voices. But then, COVID, so they all interact via on-screen text you can see if you close your eyes. The visitor could be friendly, or scheming, vying to get your consent/sacrifice to claim your body during the time you are asleep (lore-wise, not a mechanic). If you win enough favour with a particular voice, it could give you gifts, such as a cool in-game mask or halo! Or, in the worst case, it could be the voice that is responsible for all the evil stuff you see around you. They may even alert nearby adults to where you are, if you're particularly disrespectful to them. Or you could even side with the enemy voice.

Lately, Enhanced Horror has been 8PM GMT on Saturdays (for EU people), and 8AM GMT on Saturdays and Sundays (For Americans). Generally for 3 hours at a time, They've tended to either target PC or Console - it switches up from week to week. They have a discord where they give more proper timetables as to when it starts and stops. They tend to target full groups of 4, and like dropping in on newcomers as of late.

It's really well worth it to play. It does get samey after a while, but every time I do multiplayer on there, my friend list has always grown a little bit more than before. It's the sort of game that just instantly makes people friends after one or two really good games.

#1 Kizz, Feb 26, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2021
  2. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, a bit of a correction. Replace the 8AM/PM with 5AM/PM. it was 7 in the morning, my head was somewhere else. it goes from 5-8, AM/PM.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome to see someone from long ago. Looking at your join date, you were one of our earliest members!