1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanksgiving Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by old tacoma, Nov 25, 2020.

1. old tacoma

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thursday, November 26 is Thanksgiving Day this year in the USA. I know that Canada likewise has its own Thanksgiving Day. What about those of you who live in other countries? Do you have a similar day (holiday)? What are your traditions?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We had ours last month - We typically just do the generic Thanksgiving/Easter/Christmas meal and that's it for tradition aha.

Happy Turkey [tomorrow] to y'all Americans out there :slight_smile:

3. Loves books

We don’t have Thanksgiving in Ireland or anything similar. I don’t even know what it actually celebrates. The biggest celebration in Ireland other than Christmas or Easter is St.Patrick’s day. We love to celebrate our patron saint who apparently drove the snakes out of Ireland. I don’t mind snakes, he should of driven the spiders out of Ireland, that would be something to celebrate. He’s not even Irish and I think it’s morbid to have a celebration on his death date. But you get the day off school and when I was a teenager that was the main thing. We celebrated more when we lived in England. We’d go on the train and attend mass at Westminster Cathedral. In Ireland most adults attend the pub.