1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streaming the LA Outfest (LGBTQ films)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by DecentOne, Aug 26, 2020.

1. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I paid to subscribe to OutFest, and downloaded the OutFest Now streaming app. Nice to see the LGBTQ film festival pics from the comfort of my home, on my own schedule. I hear the subscription will continue through the year, but I don’t know what they do between now and next August.

So far I’ve loved Cowboys (Father and Trans son escape from non-accepting Mom, and the police are chasing them). The nuances of the characters came through. I also found “Cured” interesting, about when the APA changed the DSM so that homosexuality was no longer listed as a mental illness (seeing people lombotomized, or shock therapy treatment, was not fun.)

Some of the shorts were really great too. I liked the two 20-something lesbians sitting in the car asking “were you a lesbian in high school?” (that might have been the title).

There are still a few days left, and not enough time in my work schedule to fit everything in (I missed at least one film I’d bookmarked because it expired before I could get to it). If another city’s film festival becomes available, I might sign up for that one too.

2. donnyback

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a little confused, does this mean it will be available to stream online or is this specific movie only being played in Los Angeles?

3. donnyback

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m confused about the same thing no one is commenting on this particularly but the tickets go public tomorrow (i think) & the lineups are gonna be up too so we have to wait and see

#3 donnyback, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2020
  4. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HI Donnyback,
    I signed up for the August film festival. I see announcements of other films from time to time, and can sign in to the app and see choices too - mostly I’ve looked at short films. My August subscription works for the whole year, but as I said I was mostly focused on August.

This was a virtual film festival, due to COVID-19, so I didn’t need to be in California. I don’t know if it is blocked in other countries.

There were a couple offerings that were drive-in theatre selections, and those I could not attend because I’m all the way over in the other US coast states.