1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Senior Here. Embracing my LGBT Community

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by zuice, Jun 17, 2020.

1. zuice

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Senior here.Recently, I made the discovery that younger generations seem more accepting of me. I used to associate with only members of my own age group. Seems many in my own age group, have intolerance of others with different lifestyles.
    Perhaps, these older straight friends are really not friends but acquaintances. I always thought as one grows older, one will experience maturity within one's age group. I have learned to be selective of who you associate with. Instead of loving acceptance, many straight older people retain bigotry from 50 years ago. If the conversation is solely about grandchildren, subliminal rejection is happening. I rate acceptance by talking about recent Supreme Court cases about GLBT rights. Friendships now have meaningful conversations. Working to discover the wisdom of my GLBT community. Coming Out also means leaving people who are judgemental as a daily activity to deny the legitimate rights of others.

2. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just posted on this. Friends are dynamic, (come and go) not static. It was really hard for me to learn this.

And yes the young seem to be more accepting. One can see how the young, are stepping up to the line and making their voices heard. They are walking the walk, not talking the talk. Check out skin color & age demographics in Black Lives Matter protest. The young rock!

#2 brainwashed, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020