1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Roe Vs Wade

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Stitch57, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Stitch57

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
  2. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For years, I've listened to religious fanatics go on and on about how oppressed they are, how bullied they feel by society because they can't jam a crucifix down everyone's throat. Now they've turned women into breeding cattle, and it's literally just the beginning.

And please, grant yourself and the situation the respect it's due and don't dance around the zealotry and pretend this wasn't evangelicals. This was for the hate-preachers, the maniacs throwing themselves to the ground and convulsing, the people who come to your door and tell you you deserve Hell if you don't listen to them. None of the rest of us wanted this.

I'm sorry I don't have comfort to offer. I'm angry right now, but I hope I'm not alone in that. If no one else is furious right now, they've already won.

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It takes a lot to get me angry, truly angry.
    It takes even more to get me to a point where I don't know what to do.
    This has succeeded in both. So, congrats GOP! You've outdone yourselves. Have a beer and some pretzels.

Now, this isn't me giving up. I'm just acknowledging the situation.
    I've said here before, I'll say it again. We. Need. To. Codify. Human. Rights.
    It's the only real protection we can have. I'm glad the Equality Act is now more of a topic than it was when I first said this. But at the rate that Democrats are going in congress, we're not getting that anytime soon, and the clock is really ticking now. It is now or never. I hope this has been a wakeup call for those elected, because a ton of their lifelong work has been shot in the heart.

4. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To say the least, I feel like I need a strong drink and a long nap- especially after reading this.

Time to start forming legal defense arguments...

5. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not surprised by it because of the earlier leaked document.

Deff not happy about it, and also kinda worried about what other rights those pieces of s*** in the supreme court might go after next.

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with these statements.

The leak said a lot. I wonder what they are doing to research the leak and when we'll get to find out what happened.

It almost says that when there are strong rumors going around about something, they're true. When we hear rumors about politicians and movie stars, they often turn out to be true.

I feel as if the reversal was more about making a partisan political statement. That's not what SCOTUS is there for. This doesn't line up with the separation of church and state that is key in how we are supposed to govern. What's next?

7. Lek

Lek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today is really a bad, bad day. Taking away rights never seemed possible. But here we are. And this made a bad, bad day worse:
    Clarence Thomas wants SCOTUS to reconsider decisions on gay marriage, contraceptives

AOC Proposes Impeachment for Supreme Court Justices Who 'Lied Under Oath' She said Kavanaugh, Barrett, and Thomas committed impeachable offenses, "I believe lying under oath is an impeachable offense and violating federal law and not disclosing income from political organizations as Clarence Thomas did is also potentially an impeachable offense."

8. Prisma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So angry, and feel betrayed. May sound extreme but no sex for me. My body is closed to men. I'm bisexual, but married so I guess that means no sex. It's a symbolic choice. They take away my right to choose, my body is closed. Please men, support us, and be there for us. I feel like stopping everything that may have once been to please men in part, make up, shaving, all those stupid gender expectations. I know there have been deluded women involved in the overturn of Roe vs. Wade. But, I'm just so sick of a lifetime of this crap!!!

9. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It does have me concerned, though there are states that are not banning it, or completely banning it. While not over joyed at least the state I live in has exceptions for rape, incest or medical problems.

I do plan on writing all my representatives and seeing if they plan on doing things like make medical care more affordable, making maternity leave not only mandatory but paid and see if they are going to increase school funding. If they really care about all those lives then they should do all of those things to make sure those lives have a good opportunity.

10. Prisma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I get it! I've been angry for days.

11. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry to say this, but it needs to be said. They don't care about children or mothers or families. This isn't about that. It never was.

Those responsible conspired to overturn as many legal precedents and protections as they could in order to tip the scales in their favor and install Christian nationalism. They used clandestine meetings to plan and organized in secret with dark money flushed through hundreds of astroturf organizations to purchase political capital - something that, in any other nation, would just be called "corruption," instead of "lobbying."

I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but don't take it from me. Take it straight from the horse's mouth.

Clarence Thomas, renown as one of the most corrupt justices on the SCOTUS, said this laid the foundation for them to reexamine the legal precedents for contraception, sex outside of marriage, and - of course - our rights to marry and - eventually - continue to exist without being hunted for sport.

Interracial marriage, voting rights, civil rights, all of them are going on the slab until this country is Gilead and the wealthy elite of the megachurches can reign like godkings. They make no bones about that, nor how much they hate us.

This isn't minor. This is an opportunistic power grab to install a theocracy against the will of the people. This is treasonous. It spits on the constitution and the principles this nation supposedly stands for, in the name of a god ever more of us don't accept.

We are under attack, my friends. By all means, write your congressman, call them, harass their office to the point they dread hearing your voice. I'm going start organizing and learning how to defend myself and others. I encourage everyone to do the same. Don't let them get away with this, or they really will start rounding us up the second they get the chance.

They've been champing at the bit for that for decades now, and they've never had a clearer shot.

Stay safe, and gear up. Stonewall wasn't enough, guys. Here comes Round 2.

12. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It is going to be interesting to see just what is found out and said about the leak...
    (or if its just quietly shoved under the carpet with nothing much more said)

And yeah I do feel it was *in part* done as a political statement .. but also out of hate, bigotry, and to show off their power.

-------------------------
    Up until recently (well really starting a few years ago), I certainly didn't see rights being taken away as a possibility. Now its been done (for the first time in history I believe?) I feel other rights could easily be on the chopping block.

-------------------------
    All I can say is get out and "make your voice heard" (no riots or other violence please) ...
    In the next election... get out and look closely at your local issues, plus at who's running both locally and nationally, then vote Vote Vote!

13. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Maybe not in America, but let us not forget in Europe during the 1930s...

14. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh yes..is that ever true. The total loss of rights and the sorts of things that happened to people back then were shocking and horrible beyond belief. :frowning2: