1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationships...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Justmeisenough, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Justmeisenough

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tend to be fond over a few people in my life, I only fell in love with one person I've dated for 5 months 2 years ago. I'm over them but it was my first relationship. When I'm around my friends I act more comfortable and confident but when I'm around people I like/love or I'm in a relationship with I tend to stay quite and freeze. I get so anxious and I want to know for the future since I have a few love interests, how do I get comfortable around my future partners? I have 0 experience in relationships. How do I focus on myself in a relationship and not be dedicated on someone for happiness. How can I also make time for this person when I'm busy? Lastly how do I deal with sex in a relationship? Give information I need to know, I want a long lasting and loving relationship.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The foundation of any relationship is friendship. If you're not friends with your partner its gonna be a very bumpy ride, so maybe the best idea is to put aside any ideas about love or romance and just focus on the friendship part so things can develop in a natural way. Every relationship I've ever had was based around the "friends first" principle.

A healthy relationship is about give and take. Whilst it is important to make time for each other and enjoy time together, it's also important to take time out and follow your own interests so as not to stifle the other person. Needy or clingy partners tend to have short lived relationships because their behaviour starts to irritate the other person and push them away.

When it comes to sex, communication is key and that's why it helps to develop that friendly foundation. If you don't feel emotionally close to your partner and can't communicate with them sex is going to be awkward and difficult. When you are relaxed with someone and can talk freely and openly with them it's so much easier to be honest about sex and our sexual needs and you tend to move towards sex in a natural way, rather than a forced way based on expectation.

sunbird likes this.