1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Confused12, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Confused12

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm still in high school and I've always had an attraction to girls but in the past years I've started to have strong feelings for some guys,sometimes the attraction towards males are stronger than with girls.I'm confused about if I'm gay bi straight I'm really confused.:bang:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Sometimes it helps not to label yourself, and go with the flow as it were. If you feel that you have an attraction towards guys, explore it more, and maybe try to understand what attracts you to a guy. Similarly for your attractions to girls.

When you walk down the street and you see a cute guy coming towards you, do you check him out? Do you think to yourself: he is cute? These are some of the clues for you to take a note of as you keep exploring your attractions.

Do you have to figure it all out at once? No, not at all. The more you explore your feelings the better you will understand them. Maybe what would help you is to talk to a counselor, perhaps at your school, about your feelings and the associated thoughts. Often times, talking out loud about what we feel, what we think, and whom we are attracted to, can help to make things clearer and also easier on ourselves.

In figuring things out, take it slow. As you start processing your feelings and thoughts things will fall into place and you will be able to understand it all. (*hug*)