1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for those on testosterone

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Renegades, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've heard rumors about it and seen it in shows and stuff but I've never heard much about it.

When y'all went on T did it "change" your sexuality? Like if you were only into women or men before, did those preferences evolve or change after starting hormones?

I feel like the pop culture that exists around trans men usually shows them developing an attraction for men after starting hormones, and I've never actually heard about the topic from the perspective of trans people who may have experienced it.

I am mostly curious because of my own desire to go on testosterone. I have identified as gay for nearly six years. I have always loved everything about women and being attracted to them. But I am afraid of that changing if I was to start hormones. It might sound stupid to some but I really don't want to be attracted to men, or worse, lose my attraction to women. It's not really specifically to do with the label and giving up the comfort of it. I'm not completely sure why. The best theory I've got for that is the unpleasant experiences I've had with men.

So if y'all can humor me a little, is there some truth in this?

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had one friend who after going on T did later start to also date men (he had identified as a lesbian prior to coming out as trans). I have also known a number of trans guys who did not have a change in their orientation.

I am pretty sure that this is why for years I was not into men. Unpleasant experiences dating them and also constantly being pursued by them regardless of how much I told them I was not interested. Then this year I found a man who I do like and we are in a relationship now, no adjustment to my hormones or anything, just the discovery of a decent man.