1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure if bisexual, pansexual, asexual, or all three at once

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by VreyIsGrey, Jan 9, 2022.

1. VreyIsGrey

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely have an affinity for certain types of both men and women, but sometimes I find myself attracted to non-binary people or people who don't really fit within gender binary.

I don't know how else to put this, but... I do consume sexual content. And that consists of men and mostly women. But on the other hand, I'm not interested in actually having intercourse or losing my virginity. I definitely want to pursue a relationship with a man or a woman or hell, even a non-binary person, but the thought of me actually having sex is something I could be perfectly fine living without.

Maybe I don't really fit into a label in the first place, I'm still figuring myself out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#1 VreyIsGrey, Jan 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, @VreyIsGrey! The important thing to note is, regardless of the label you use, your attractions are sex-based--so it stands to reason you'll be attracted to people of varying gender identities, because at the end of the day, these individuals still fit into the sex binary; it's merely their perception of self and how they portray themselves to others that fits outside of sex-based norms. :slight_smile:

If you prefer pansexual to bisexual, vice-versa, or some other bi spectrum label, that's great! We all need to be comfortable with our labels, or lack thereof. As long as you feel it describes you best, that's what matters. :slight_smile: As for asexuality, perhaps you are, or perhaps you merely have a low libido. This too is something you'll sort out over time. Remember, there's no rush: if you don't know what label fits you or feel none really fits you at all, that's perfectly okay. You don't owe anyone else an explanation; labels are, first and foremost, a means of understanding ourselves and expressing that understanding towards others.

I hope this helps some and that your journey of self discovery yields positive results. :slight_smile: