1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My fall back game...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Snever2late, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Snever2late

Is so so weak.

So short version:

Fall in love with girl (mutually), talk for several months, go away for (perfect) weekend together, she decides shortly after to stay with long-term on/off again girlfriend, wants to be friends, then decides she needs to cut me out to get over me and we wipe ourselves out of one another's personal lives completely (we work together a few hours a week).

Weeks later she texts me, says she misses me and still loves me but that we can't be together because she likes me too much to hurt me because she's confused and not ready to be serious with anyone. So she's made a promise that we will never be together, but loves me and wants me in her life.

So every time she does this, I think I'm getting over it and she pops back up. And immediately I am ready to be with her. Like, I really am in love with her, and this friend thing is killing me. I am extremely open and bluntly honest, so she knows how much I love her and will always have her back, no matter what. This girl has never had anyone in her life that didn't leave, and I want to show her what real love looks like. But I feel like maybe I'm too in love to be in her life and not be with her. So I need to fall back...but when it comes to her I'm just a mushy pile of emotions.

Soo....how do YOU fall back? Is it easy? Hard? How do you distract yourself?

2. Wukie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I saw another ECer on here say you have to decide if you want to be the steak or the fries. Personally, if I went through your experience I would have to cut ties and let myself heal from the pain of it and move on instead of reopening the wound with every contact. It would be nice if you could remain friends, but don't allow yourself to be hurt because of it. Good luck to you whichever path you choose and I hope it works out for the best!