1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Mental health and high profile people with important jobs

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Tightrope, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I recently saw this and other articles about John Fetterman of Pennsylvania and his checking into inpatient care for major depression. Some people may look down on this or even be happy it's happening to him since he's a Democrat.

With Fetterman in hospital, politicians share mental health stories (usatoday.com)

This isn't even about politics. A lot of high profile people have come forth to share stories about struggles with mental health. I think one account said that the nasty battle with Dr. Oz for the PA seat was too much. Battling an entertainment person with a lot of money and support to win had to have been grueling. John Fetterman is a very different sort of guy, that's for sure, but he's a very real sort of person and I was happy when he won.

I've read Winston Churchill also battled depression but accomplished a lot.

Mental health awareness is important. They are continuously working to understand the causes and come up with treatments. I didn't want to wait until May, which is Mental Health Awareness Month, to post this.