1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

love problem:(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by amanda, May 20, 2007.

1. amanda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just realized i am a lesbian 3 weeks ago.
    I have a crush on a teacher at my school. Now school is done and i obsess still about this teacher. I used to talk to her, and i would just unload, and she would accept it and then encourage me and try to help me by making me feel better about myself.
    It got to the point that i would hear her voice and my heart would race. I sometimes avoided talking to her about things that i need to cause i would be soooo nervous.
    Now i miss seeing her. I go shopping and look for her cause i know she lives in this town.
    My heart hurts all the time now. I can't stop thinking about her.
    I know she is not lesbian, and she may even hate me if she finds out my sexual orientation. I just wish there was a way to stop my heart from hurting.

2. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've gone through exactly what you are going through. I have been for two years now. Only my situation was uh, different. Anyway. Please PM me so I can offer you advice.

3. amanda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    To expand on this a little more i guess...
    I am 29 y.o. married/separated with 2 kids
    only about 15 people know i am lesbian...
    I am in college.
    I will not tell this woman i have a crush on her, although
    i may someday tell her i am a lesbian, or rather it may
    slip out or she may figure it out on her own.
    Right now i am pretty sure she doesn't know.

4. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  5. TeeBe

Sounds really rough. I sincerely wish that I had some useful advice that I could offer. I hope that whatever happens, she will accept you for being yourself...

6. Zec24

Yeah, I went through a similar situation. (In retrospect it was more of an innocent high school crush than a serious issue, but at the time it seemed a huge deal to me) I was in high school at the time, so that was three years ago. I used to get so nervous around that teacher too, but unlike you I avoided talking to her one on one except class participation (guess cause I was so nervous). I definitely thought she could see right through me, but I'm sure she didn't. Well I moved 700 miles away for college. I rarely go back there anymore and haven't seen her in over a year. But I would imagine I would still get nervous if I saw her again.

Like you I would never tell her I had a crush on her as I feel it would be slightly inappropriate. Of course, I was in high school and just like my female friends who had innocent crushes on our male teachers, I happend to have a crush on our female teacher. Well, I really don't have any useful advice to give, I guess just time and space will work. Good luck though.