1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Like something out of a film...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TrappedM, Jan 13, 2021.

1. TrappedM

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So this is literally like something out of a film, I seemed to have followed the stereotypes perfectly!

long story short, I’m your usual guy who discovered his bisexuality a little late :/
    After a 7 year relationship that was incredibly toxic (all my own doing), we split up and life went great. I slept around with as many women as I could, and my job takes me all over the world so I’ve done some incredible deployments. I then met the love of my life, we got married, have a son, life couldn’t be better!

A really good friend of mine, whom I used to sleep with as well, is transitioning from female to male. Now, the stigma started in my own head that “ah technically you’ve shagged a bloke”... I know that sounds so stupid, but it’s huge to me as I’ve always been very suppressive of my own emotions. Then, while I was out for a leaving do at work, one of the guys from work (suuuuper feminine gay guy, self proclaimed queen) kissed me. Now, it was like your first kiss... closed mouth, vanilla as it could be. But in my head, BOOM. Literally blew my mind, and it feels like my world has been shot to shit.

I have always had a more closed minded view. I’m centre right in my politics (any Americans need not worry, this Brit won’t be burning your Capitol down again *flex*), unless it comes to gay rights, women’s rights, and of course marijuana legislation! I’ve made some shitty comments in the past that are definitely homophobic, and I’ve never been one to talk about my emotions. So this was a huge shock... and its made me realise how many signs there were in the past that I ignored.

I am happy, I love my wife, I love my son, I love my job, I’d even go as far to say I love my Harley haha. I just needed to write this down to deflate some of this mounting pressure...

Maldoone and BiGemini87 like this.
  2. BiGemini87

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, and welcome to EC!

If your experience is like something out of a movie, then you're in good company; lots of folks around here have had similar experiences, or know someone who's gone through something akin to it. :slight_smile:

I'm not sure if you're looking for any particular kind of input, but I hope you like it here. :slight_smile:

TrappedM and LostInDaydreams like this.
  3. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi @TrappedM and welcome to EC.

As @BiGemini87 says, there are lots of people on here who have been in a similar position. If you are looking for input, support or to read similar stories, I would suggest taking a look at the Later in Life sub-forum.

BiGemini87 and TrappedM like this.
  4. TrappedM

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’m not really looking for anything out of this, it just felt a whole let better putting this out there into the real world. Makes it feel like the problem isn’t just in my head...

BiGemini87 likes this.