1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Leaked Supreme Court Documents…

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by I'mStillStanding, May 3, 2022.

1. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It’s already illegal in Georgia to have anal or oral sex. They can’t enforce it because of n the previous Supreme Court ruling. This leaked opinion supported by the majority says they wanna overturn that decision. They don’t have to have it pass it all… they all just decide hey we wanna over turn it and here’s why… it’s immediately illegal to be a sexually actively gay man in my state!

Gay marriage and even our rights to privacy come from court cases… they over turn them and it’s done! No bills… no pressure… nothing. They decided done! The only way around it is constitutional amendment which won’t happen, or state adding laws for protections in their states only… but many states will go on anti lgbtq benders!

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, you're absolutely right about that. And it's terrifying to think about. But my point here is that people are treating this already as a done deal when it's not. The leak suggests that they want to take Roe, Obergefelle and Loving in one move, but looking at everything else surrounding Roe, this isn't the case. There's a clear likelihood that Roe gets overturned, but the other major human rights cases still have more time. Would they wait until after the midterm? Who knows. We also don't know how Roe is actually going to go, and if that's not changing, then I'd wager Obergefelle and Loving aren't, either. The only real way that the GOP will be able to truly accomplish what it wants is by federally legislating gay relationships as crimes, and that's been an increasingly losing war for them.

We're going on something that's proposed, and then open up to the public. Very often from what I've observed, what at first seems like a firestorm to human rights, then over time gets extinguished to a flickering ember, and 2-5 years down the line, the general populace has an uptick in support and more bills proposed in favor of helping LGBT people. They may not be great bills mind you, but they add up.

It's definitely worth keeping an eye on this situation, but I don't think it's time to panic just yet. There's still time, and we're still ahead.

3. Haruto

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel like you're right. We should not get so scared. It's still a massive thing to think about.

Quick thing: I thought the "they may try" part made me think of "but we'll be ready". No idea why but i thought of the avengers too

#43 Haruto, Jun 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  4. Stitch57

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sigh

#44 Stitch57, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  5. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well the ruling end out and the concurring opinion went after both marriage equality and Lawrence v. Texas! So it’s no longer a question of will they! They did! They said need to correct the errors… and well… it’s terrifying!

6. Haruto

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm leaving. this country.

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m seriously thinking about that too. I don’t want to live in a country where I am not free or protected by law. I’m sad this is the direction we’re heading in.

8. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wonder what else they have planned up there sleeves

9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right now, it's the mere fact that there was a leak that worries me.

I bet they already know where the leak came from. Handling this and informing the public will be a slippery slope.