1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Kentucky Proposes Very Harmful Anti-Trans bill

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Ushiromiya Red, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Article link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/k...ce-mother-of-all-anti-trans-bills/ar-AA17OfFh

Me when reading that article:[​IMG]

Despite the name given to this bill, "Do No Harm." Ironically this bill would harm trans kids all across the board from banning gender affirming care to banning Medicaid from covering said gender affirming care. Health professionals could loose finding and their medical licenses if they're treating transgender youth. It's a yikes bill all across the board.

I'm not beating around the bush with this one. This one is BAD like a lot of anti trans bills being proposed or that have passed in the United States. They are systemically trying to erase us from existence and they're scapegoating trans children to do it. But that doesn't mean they ain't going after trans adults too. That disgusting Oklahoma bill comes to mind.

Y'all, I'm so tired of these fucking bills! They're so cruel, discriminatory, and downright disgusting! I honestly have no words for this. Reading things like this makes me want to cry and yell and the same time... especially being a trans man myself. I don't want my Rights taken away.

I have the right to good healthcare, affordable housing, insurance that will actually actually cover my gender affirming care (although it does cover my HRT but not my top surgery. I've tried to get it done in my home state three fucking times and every time it's been denied because it is considered "cosmetic" which is just absolute bullshit!), And the right to live free of discrimination. While I don't face much since I pass, it doesn't mean I'm not still afraid for myself and my transgender siblings. Because of shit like this, I feel scared going out in public even though I "pass." I wish the alt Reich would leave us the fuck alone. But again, the cruelty is the point. And I hate it so much. Sorry I needed to rant.

2. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I dont see why everyone is freaking out over trans kids all sudden

3. Lo The Froggo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    they are just people. they have every right to be treated as equals

4. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only the alt Reich are "freaking out" about trans kids. Its partially because transgender people are more visible and that information is more accessible. The right hates that fact. That's partially why they're going out of their way to censor education about LGBTQ+ topics in schools, banning books (my stupid fucking state is trying to do the same unfortunately. I'm sorry for that), and going out their way to ban essential medical care that DOESN'T harm trans kids. It's disgusting what they're doing. They're coming after trans adults too. That bill from Oklahoma comes to mind.

"Think of the the children" is a dog whistle to justify cruel and inhumane actions such as discrimination. That's it, plain and simple. That's why they're targeting kids essentially. I hate it, it's disgusting, and wish I were living in a different reality right now tbh.

5. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I couldn't agree more. I agree that trans people and everybody under the sun has the right to live a life of dignity, peace, and respect...I hope I'm alive long enough to see that reality...

6. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trans people have always been around its nothing new

7. SyIveon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    These people... they are fools. Even if they do "remove" us from their "pefect American society", lgbt+ people have been around before any sort of government. It is simply impossible to remove us.

8. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As usual, you are absolutely correct and I agree with you.

I agree with you a 100%! We have been around since the dawn of the century, even dating back to ancient times. LGBTQ+ People will never stop existing just because some fucking bigots wish us ill will. Sorry, I don't plan on going anywhere. I've fought too hard to get to where I am today. As all of us have and are still fighting. We shouldn't have to keep fighting this anti-LGBT legislation but here we are. I'll keep showing up to rally in my state as long as I'm still herE. This Umbreon supports EQUAL RIGHTS FOR EVERYONE!
    [​IMG]

9. johnny917

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For the Kentucky bill I do disagree with most of the bill especially banning talks about sexual orientation in schools. I also disagree with allowing teachers to not say preferred pronouns. But the only thing I Do agree with, is them banning medical surgeries for trans minors. I don't think anyone under the age of 18 should be able to choose to change their penis into a vagina or their vagina into a penis.

10. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To be fair, surgery on a minor is extremely rare. I would think the dysphoria would have to be impeccably documented and quite extreme before they would even consider allowing it. (Also, please don't take this as rude, as that's not at all the intent, but that's not exactly how FTM surgery works. There's two processes to pick from, I wouldn't mind explaining to you privately if you'd like to know about them.)

Surgery doesn't necessarily mean srs though, a lot of us trans people just want top surgery (so either a boob job or removal thereof). A lot of people don't want surgery at all even, rather opting for just hormones or a purely social transition.

11. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do agree I dont think anyone under 18 should be making those choices there too young to make big decisions like that.

12. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am so sick and tired of republicans coming after LGBT rights. Especially trans rights. We are a community and we stand together. I also love it when republicans say they hate big government yet that’s what they’re using to take away trans rights and a women’s right to choose. They wanted to take away gay marriage too but thankfully we got that codified into law.

13. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think politicians are the right ones to make these laws for everyone about something so personal and medical. It's not like a kid says I want to be a girl and have my penis removed and it's done. It's a long process with health care professionals and the child's legal guardians. They are the only people who should be involved in this.

Why should the politicians who believe and propagate lies about all of us queer folks make these laws that hurt us? It makes no sense. The laws about needing to be 18 for treatment has obviously mislead a lot of people, just as they're intended. It's supposed to sound reasonable and about "protecting the kids" lol, it's not and never was with them. Go back to Anita Bryant's anti-gay campaigns. Also consider how some adults sexualize girl cheer leaders in skimpy uniforms, take your family to Hooters, beauty pageants for kids, age to marry is 16/17 in some of the states and they want laws so their kids keep their pregnancies and start a family and work in a factory young lol. Super sad the regression they want and how many people still vote for them. :frowning2:

14. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Holy crap this is such a good ass point! You're absolutely right! I've seen pictures of kids going to fucking Hooters, and YES EXACTLY! The Kids Beauty Pageants...the parents intentionally make their little girls put on 50 pounds of make up and make them wear skimpy ass outfits that no kids they age should be wearing and be expected to compete for stupid prizes and then the parents yell at their young daughters (sometimes sons) for messing up. They're toddlers ma'am...more often than not. No kids need to be worrying about if they're skinny enough...especially when their bodies are still growing. I apologize for getting off base here but you do bring up an excellent point. The right is so fucking hypocritical it's not even funny.

It's not like they're letting trans kids get surgeries until 18 anyways...but parents and kids should have the rights to consult their doctors to get the appropriate care they need be it puberty blockers (which don't hurt nothing but merely act as a pause button for puberty) until the right time and then (maybe) they go on HRT. I'm so sick of the fucking Alt-Reich coming between us and our healthcare and making it harder to access when it is already hard to access to begin with. Leave us alone man!

15. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not off base at all and, yes, they are and it's not the same on "both sides", as some like to repeat, thinking they sound fair and smart hah. @Andrew99 pointed out the hypocrisy of claiming small govt. yet intruding in all of these private medical matters for women and LGBTQ+ people. I'll add their hypocrisy about personal freedom to grow and enjoy weed. Just like all the anti-LGBTQ+ laws, weed prohibition was always a lie which private conversations later revealed. For example this horrifying piece. https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kxv8a/lobbyist-anti-trans-leaked-emails?utm_source=reddit.com Look up heritage institute and a bunch of other secretive groups bankrolled by the ultra rich who want to keep their power and want the US to be a theocracy. Democracy in Chains is a good read and I think we're seeing more and more of their plan working, especially in the courts.

They know they are doing something wrong because they try to hide it and have all the secret plans. They use that real sounding "medical" group to make their claims, but it's a hate group to trick people to believe the lies. Like you said, they lie about kids having sex changes rushed through and call gender identity just an ideology. All of this against the legitimate medical advice. It starts with the laws for under 18 but will go on to restrict care and rights for adults too. Other articles say they know abortion isn't going to help them win elections so much and need the anti-trans and drag lies to scare people to vote for them. That's what they've always done, scare people, take advantage of base fears and say they are "protecting the children". All lies but they know it works with certain people. Nixon privately said he made weed schedule I so it could be used against the anti-war/hippie folks who he hated. The first prohibition laws were to target POC who, "went crazy on the stuff and tried to steal white women" or something like that. I'm serious it's one of many lies used against minorities in the US. Later drug laws have been used against POC a lot more too, even today.

16. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people