1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News It begins...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by OGS, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been thinking about how likely it is for the government and officials to take liberties and rights away. The thread deals with the gay marriage decision that's now over 5 years old. I believe it will be very difficult to reverse. The parallel I might bring up is how likely is it going to be that those with pre-existing conditions and who can no longer be denied insurance coverage are going to have that protection taken away?

More so than at any point in my life, I am seeing more government officials with conservative agendas trying to dial back on people's liberties and rights. I can see how it is a cause for concern.

I hope that we do not take steps backwards.

2. Loves books

I’m not American so it won’t have an impact if I ever do marry. I don’t really understand how the law can go backwards. They talked about how gay marriage is ruining religious liberty. Gay marriage is about two people who love each being afforded the same rights as a heterosexual couple. It’s not affecting anyone’s religious liberty, they aren’t forced to participate. They need to keep their religious beliefs out of other peoples relationships. It’s wrong to tell people you can’t get married because I don’t like it and neither does my religion. Gay marriage isn’t trying to change religions or religious beliefs. I don’t think that people should have the power to change a law they don’t like based on religion or personal beliefs. The world is full of different religions and beliefs. I don’t think you can tell an atheist that they can’t marry their same sex partner because a God they don’t believe in has a problem with it. People are acting like gay marriage is ruining marriage between one man and one woman but those marriages are ruining themselves. Vegas marriages aren’t illegal and divorce isn’t illegal. The Bible doesn’t agree with divorce and surely the 41% of the divorced people are more likely to be ruining the sanctity of marriage than a gay couple who love each other. If you don’t like gay marriage, don’t marry a member of the same sex but you shouldn’t have a say in the relationships of complete strangers.