1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it common for straight people (of the same sex) to play mind games with you when you come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Plato, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Plato

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’ve never had any straight man attempt to play mind games with me. It’s probably because I’m out to very few people and I don’t seem like I can be attracted to men (whatever that means). Maybe I’m usually too oblivious when men flirt with me. I looked up stories of people coming out or being openly gay/bi, and some of them included straight people trying to seduce them and mess with their minds.

mnguy likes this.
  2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure if it's common, but I have read/heard some stories like that as well. Sometimes I'm not sure if it's a perception thing, wherein the person who came out to the straight person is misconstruing actions/comments, if the straight person is doing it intentionally, or alternatively, if the straight person is perhaps not so straight after all and is coming into their own sexual awakening.