1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Iran revolution

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Vega222, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everybody

Anyone here has been following Iran news over the past 2-3 months? I am talking about the protests following the murder of Mahsa Amini by the morality police.

Or maybe you're interested to know more about it. If you have any questions I am happy to help you know more.

But actually I wanted to ask you to be our voice, if you want to help the people of Iran, including women and LGBT people. Even retweeting a piece of news about Iran would be appreciated.

2. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi Vega222, yes I've been following it. I have such admiration for the brave women of Iran who are standing up to the theocratic state. I will endeavour to retweet something to my (small) number of followers - I wish I could do more.

Vega, what's it like inside the country at the moment? Do you think it's possible the regime will be toppled?

In solidarity,
    Beth

3. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for that.

I doubt there is a word to fully describe the situation in Iran these days. It's "surreal", I guess. People were celebrating Iran national football team being thrashed by America and getting knocked out from world cup, the night before last, as a sign of extreme hatred towards the regime. Football is extremely popular here and this is something meaningful and hard to believe.

A young man was killed being shot by security forces while celebrating the loss. And a photo shows that he was a teammate of one of the current national team members when they were kids.

I guess it's already toppled in our hearts (probably much more in their hearts, as they know better) and we believe we're winning. While we could hardly imagine it before the recent events.

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Vega222 I can't understand what it's like and you're right it's not getting enough coverage. When I search Iran on NPR most of the results are about the sporting event. I hope women and all repressed people get real freedom soon and the cruel injustice ends.

5. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey mnguy, other sources like CNN have been covering the news (not sure how much). You might wanna search about some names like Nika Shakarami, 16, if you're interested (I probably wouldn't, as they're upsetting). I myself skipped many victims' stories, as I didn't have the heart to watch them. Or in some cases, I didn't skipped them and they destroyed me. Like watching Nika singing and how playful she was!

Another famous victim is Kian Pirfalak, 9.
    There are many teens among those who are murdered. Many people got blinded by their birdshots also.