1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Iowa House passes bill that would ban minors from receiving 'gender transition procedures'

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Ushiromiya Red, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Article Link: https://www.kcci.com/article/iowa-h...-minors-gender-transition-procedures/43252237

-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-
    Me finding this out: [​IMG]

Yeah....despite many LGBTQ+ Iowans and their family and allies showing up to protest this fascist ass bullshit, the bloody bill passed anyway. As one woman said in the video related to the article (linked above) : "This bill is going to kill kids." It's disgusting what the alt-Reich is continuing to do to vilify trans people....US EXISTING DOES NOT HURT YOU! LEAVE US ALONE! Sorry but I'm very emotional over this. I apologize on behalf of the bigots in my state. Many of us do not think this way...I sure as hell don't. I want to see trans kids and adults have access to the healthcare and resources they need necessary to transition. I wish I didn't have to write this post...but it's better to let everyone know what's going on...even though it's painful. I'm sorry to bring this news...I wish it didn't happen...this is why I'm wanting to get the fuck out of my state. I feel very afraid....but I'm trying to keep my wits about me as much as I can...but it isn't easy...

2. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What's with everyone against trans people ?

3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry this got passed and all the others going around these days. It's the fascists, christian nationalists, maga/gop, authoritarian and all the rest who support these deplorable bills to reject us. It's the same ones that voted for constitutional amendments to ban us from marriage equality. It's the same ones trying to erase us from libraries and everywhere they can. Other countries have them too like putin and that Hungary douchebag. Some of them really think we're evil. Some think we get taught to be this way so if no one ever hears of us they'll all be "normal". Some know we can't help it but think with enough abuse we will change to be accepted or be outcast and marginalized. All kinds of crazy going on there. They don't believe the science about us or lots of other facts about the universe they choose to ignore. They've been killing us forever and will continue to do so when those people keep getting voted into all these positions of power by people who support these actions. It's really simple, if you don't support this, don't vote for this party until they stop killing us.