1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intersex support groups?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mihael, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you know of any intersex support groups that could accept someone who hasn't been diagnosed yet and who wasn't diagnosed in childhood? I have been diagnosed with PCOS so far, but the truth is that they gave me this diagnosis by exclusion of other common diseases, I want to get diagnosed and get support, but the support groups and doctors seem to be either directed at people who are being diagnosed in childhood and faced the experience of forced surgery. I was being talked into hormonal therapy at the age of 20 and earlier, I get prescribed hige doses of meds, like for a trans woman, it was and still is hard for me to face, but apparently I don't qualify, because I don't have a diagnosis and haven't had that childhood experience. I don't downplay the trauma others have had, but I need help too, and I can't get it.

2. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure how helpful this can be or, if you already know about it, but maybe you can get diagnosed of being intersex at a genetics facility and get a genetic evaluation done. They do these for adults as well.

3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to look into it :thumbsup: