1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internalized Homofophia

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CL1990, Dec 15, 2021.

1. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi all,

its been ages since i last posted here so please bear with me for what could be a really long post! also please note that i dont find anyone gross at ALL (sadly just me)

I am a lesbian who met someone through work recently that i fancy. we became very close quite quickly and, even though i only come out to correct people when assumed straight etc, i came out to her relatively “casually” because i thought it would ease my anxiety if she knew i fancied girls as we were hanging out loads etc

by chance, its been the last time ive seen her due to covid rules and i now wonder if ive grossed her out etc just to realize that its not her that is grossed out by the fact that she might guess i fancy her but actually I am the one that is grossed out by the idea of her knowing i fancy her. This is making me deal with a significant amount of feelings of internalized homofophia as i feel that its just not ok to like her to some level

im not really experienced and i have trouble finding people i fancy so i am now stuck in a very incomfortable position as i have to battle with my own demons whilst still working remotely with her.. any advice? sorry if it was a bit of a ramble but im feeling quite fragile/ anxious right now!

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi
    Internalised homophobia is insidious … and always necessary to keep a check on it

The risk is … overthinking things. I suggest you just live day to day and see what happens. Stay a bit detached … you may be pleased with what develops

CatSpinner and Rayland like this.