1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If sexual orientation were a choice, what would you choose?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tritri, Jul 26, 2021.

1. unlovedman84

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I could choose - deffo a straight upright confident hetero man with a great scoop of romance and chivalry.

2. bambibat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I may have answered this one before but as an updated answer: I would choose to either be straight or fully homosexual.

I’ve gone through so much confusion and denial. Sometimes I worry/it feels like everything in my life really is just a phase. I feel so inconsistent and un-whole? It’s hard to explain. Not that gay people have life easier. I simply just wish I had emerged into this world only being attracted to one sex.

3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I was in an alternate universe where everyone was welcomed and loved as they are, I'd pick being gay I think. Wouldn't that be great if so many more people could reach their full potential, self actualize when we can be fully authentic? There would be much less suffering in the world.

It's hard to say bc I am gay and see some advantages for me anyway, but I'd be different if I wasn't gay, hmm. It seems easier and more fun to be friends and more with guys if they'd be all cuddly and sweet to me too. I love so much about guys like a muscular, hairy chest and legs are so hot compared to floppy boobs and puffy smooth body, but again I'm Kinsey 6 so what can I say?

I'd love to share clothes with a guy, underwear, everything we could haha. Smelling him on my shirt after he wore it would be hot af! Two guys together is the manliest and so fierce like some of the most skilled Roman soldiers supposedly. I dunnno about all that but I think the main reason it's hard for so many of us is the long tradition of hate against us. I think straight people are a bit jealous if we were as accepted as them. For example, in the dorm my roommate could have been my fwb or bf, but that wouldn't happen for a straight guy unless the rules change or he's living off campus. We don't have to worry about pregnancy. A lot of guys complain about getting along with women's emotional swings and think it's easier with guys.

#103 mnguy, Nov 6, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
  4. Gigi K

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love having free choice, so probably woulda stuck with Bisexual, as I am now, or maybe even pansexual :slight_smile:

5. BocciBee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really deeply admire lesbians, because all the lesbians I know in real life and online seem to have such a deep connection with lesbian history and culture, and support one another so much. As a trans man I wish I could have such pride and love for my identity, but being trans to me (for me only, not for other people) means that I will never be physically male and that hurts me too much to truly love being trans the way I see lesbians loving being lesbians. So in an ideal world I might like to be a lesbian, but the idea of being a woman (or at least not a man) makes me uncomfortable.

Maybe I'd want to be a cishet man, but maybe that's just because I want to feel 'normal' for once.

Bisexuality and pansexuality sound ideal, and that's what I am, but I need to work through my internalised issues on being this. I wouldn't know what to choose if it were a choice.

6. Haruto

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd choose bi. I'm aroace and would like to feel attraction...

7. mavericksterr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    most definitely would choose to be cis. male or female, just god please let me identify with my agab

being trans is really stressful and i wish that everything could just match up. cis people have it so lucky :frowning2:(

8. brigitta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wouldn’t change anything and chose bisexual.
    Getting the best of both worlds

9. wua

wua

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gay. I like to be gay person. I'm gay and I'm really happy that nature decided about me this way.

10. Enzo46

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me too. At one time I would have said straight but I have accepted that I am 100% gay for a number of years and, despite the real sorrow this has caused in relation to my marriage (I am now separated), I would always want to be and love being gay.

11. beetecaste

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kind of feel like over the past 6 years or so I've felt less and less interest in people in general, regardless of gender. It's kind of made me wonder if I'm more asexual than I originally believed.

12. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I could forget being bi and have always been gay I might do it. Straight dating is insanely hard for someone with my temperament.

If I could press a button to make everyone else bi I'd rather do that though. :joy_cat:

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow to all these different answers. AND I still don't have an answer. I can only speak for what I've felt or experienced and some of it still messes with me.

I'm responding to this last post because it was the last one I read and I had been thinking about it. On the comment of straight dating, the mention of temperament really got my attention. My temperament is fairly steady but gets irked when someone thinks they can yank my chain. It's mostly people who have had the ability to yank chains earlier in their lives and haven't realistically looked into whether they still can. I would tolerate it more when I was in my teens and twenties. Now, I walk away from the chain yanking games pretty fast.

Your comment was about straight dating but I've seen men do some weird things when they play games even if they do it in a slightly different way. I also walk away from that.

14. unconstellated

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Probably bi/pansexual, for the widest range of dating pool options. Though honestly, anything that actually involves having distinguishable sexual and romantic attraction instead of Schrodinger's Asexuality feels like it would be an improvement, haha.

15. paten84ap

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bisexual. All! :blush:

16. xfemmelesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have always known I am a lesbian deep down but I wanted nothing more than to be straight, even when I identified as bisexual due to compulsory heterosexuality. I felt like I should like men. I tried to date them and it was never fulfilling for me, but now I am proud to openly identify as a lesbian. I embrace it wholeheartedly and wouldn’t change it for the world

17. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So happy you accepted yourself !

18. Lo The Froggo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    good :slight_smile:
    always accept yourself as you are
    no changes needed

19. BocciBee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Lesbianism is a wonderful thing with a rich history and culture :heart:

#119 BocciBee, Feb 28, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  20. Colm

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I'd stick with being gay because it's not just about what gender I'm attracted to, it also influences my interests, my sense of humour, and really my entire personality. It makes me more sensitive and empathetic, but also sometimes more neurotic, anxious and lonely. I feel there can be a lot of loneliness in gay people's lives in general and also a kind of emptiness that is often filled by cynicism, or sarcasm, or hedonism. But to change that about me would basically be wishing to be a completely different person. Maybe I just lack the imagination to see how that would be better!