1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

idk what i am

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by esana, Sep 28, 2021.

1. esana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    it's annoying bc i've been confused for the past like 5 months wondering whether im bi or lesbian

to give some context i thought i was for sure bi ever since i discovered it was a thing (so when i was like 11 almost 12?) i've never really come out to anyone except a few lgbt+ friends a couple months ago. at times i even thought i was straight and not bi over the years, but i've had crushes on guys and girls, they just feel different depending on gender and i feel like when i had crushes on girls it was more meaningful.

but the problem is one time i read the "am i a lesbian" masterdoc thing and although a lot of it resonated with me i've been confused ever since :/

now i don't really feel attraction towards men at all (though i still find some attractive just not romantically/sexually) and im like 80% sure im a lesbian. it's been a relief in some ways because im not nervous around males in the way i used to be for some reason but at the same time idk if im actually gay or not.

ive never really been in a serious relationship so it's even harder to judge and experiment

any advice?

2. FireFox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not entirely qualified regarding this but my advice would be to not think about it too much, it'll mentally wear you down. Whether you're bi or gay, it is what it is. Embrace one or the other or both and take it from there <3

Ingvermama likes this.
  3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the above post you have to try not to get too bogged down in it. Ultimately you can go with whichever label feels right to you. If you dont feel bi or lesbian are totally right then you could just go with not straight or queer. It is more as a description to other people, you yourself can just see who steals you heart and you fall in love with.

out2019, Ingvermama and FireFox like this.
  4. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was told that being bi don't mean that it's 50/50. You may like men more and women less, also another way around. It is annoying, being confused. I am a bit confused too, still not sure. Just testing being bi out for now. How I feel about that label and thinking, if I really could be in a relationship, with a woman, because I have never even been in a relationship either. There has only been flirting and that's it. It's okay to change your mind and it's okay to test things out. You have to feel it inside, if it feels right or not. Good luck to you. I know you will figure it out :slight_smile:

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    esana.....You are who you are! :old_smile: Unless you really want/need a label, you don't have to have one! Some people don't like labels as they feel that a label restricts them, while others want a label as it gives them security. So if you really feel the need for a label, go ahead and work out what feels the best for you. Don't be afraid to change it if you need to, so that you can be more accurate with who you really are. However, if you don't really need to label yourself, then don't and just be yourself...be esana!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: