1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to buy a dildo. BUT!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by JessicaWolfess, Apr 5, 2014.

1. AKTodd

The fake balls should work fine to keep it from going all the way in. However water or saliva won't work for lube, I'm afraid. They dry out far too fast.

There is a lube brand called Wet that should work well. Look for the water based type though. Note that it's not the end of the world if you use an oil based lube. It will cause the material of the toy to break down, but that could take years. There's also silicone based lubes, but I can never remember what they work with and what you should avoid with them. Someone else here can probably provide a post on that though.

Note that oil based can stain, but silicone based should clean up reasonably well.

Hope this helps,

Todd

2. chivalrous

i have a friend who works at one of these sorts of shops because as he said
    "we dont know who its for at the end of the day, and we dont care because its none of our business"

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Don't use silicone lubes with silicone ever or your toy would melt

4. JessicaWolfess

I bought a pipedream basix 6" realistic toy with fake balls. Along with 'real stuff' water-based lube. I use a conservative ammount of the lube on the toy and I have played with it 3 times but it hurts, I only get the tip in but I cannot get any lower than that as it hurts to much. Is this normal?, oh and I played with it just before writing this post

5. jaje69

I don't know about where you are at, but Maximus lube is the best one out there that I've used. And it regenerates. Just a little bit of spit, and it's good again. You will want to use a water-based lube.

For the dildo, make sure it has some kind of base. Fake balls works. Personally, I like the suction cupped ones. Let's you use for hands for other things. Check out the 6" ones as well. If they are the same circumference or diameter, I would recommend the longer one. But that's just me. But don't go too big when starting out. Also, look at various materials they are made of. You will want a softer material for your anus. Don't go too hard. Unless you like that. Some stores will let you take the product out of it's packaging and let you feel it. If you are getting a vibrating one, make sure the clerk does test it at the store. The one I frequent does test them before leaving the store.

And everyone is right. I was a little older than you the first time I went into a sex shop. And I was freaked out to even go in. But it's not nearly as bad as you may think. Buying a dildo is fairly vanilla when it comes to the business they're in.

One time, I overheard a lady telling the clerk she was buying a vibrator for her sister for the holidays. That she never owned one before. What surprised the clerk was that her sister never used one before. The clerk also said what a great sister she was for getting her a vibrator as a gift. Clerk was female, but I don't think that really matters.

Not only will they not care, they will assist you with whatever you need. The shop I go to, they have loads of information on all toys. They can even recommend toys for various stages user (i.e. beginner, moderately experienced, or very experienced).

And the bags they usually hand out are unmarked black plastic or brown paper. That's if you don't want to bring your own bag.

Last tip, and I just found this out my last visit. Ask about their return policy. If you are allowed to return the product once you leave the store, go someplace else. Apparently some stores do allow returns and don't operate on an "all sales final" policy.

#25 jaje69, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  6. thrnvlpidj

Some info here may help you Empty Closets - Anal Sex

It may help to start with a finger or your thumb to loosen up a little.