1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I somehow wound up with two girlfriends. Please help.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by whEEzer, Nov 29, 2021.

1. whEEzer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, just over a month ago, one of my close friends confessed to me and asked me to date them. I agreed and we started dating. A few days ago another one of my friends confessed to me and i started dating them aswell. I feel so guilty and i think i should just break up with them both. I just dont want to hurt anyone's feelings, (although i probably already failed at that) What should I do???

2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, @whEEzer. I think the only thing you can do is be honest. You won't be able to spare anyone's feelings in doing so, but it's much better for them to hear it from you than to find out on their own (or hear it from someone else). No judgment, just curiosity: what prompted you to say yes to both of them? Do you like them both, or are you uncomfortable with saying "no" to people? I'm just trying to understand the full scope of the situation, is all. :slight_smile:

LostInDaydreams and TinyWerewolf like this.
  3. whEEzer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, it was mainly because I felt uncomfortable saying no to them. :sweat:
    It's probably best that i tell them whats going on. Thanks for the advice :relaxed:

BiGemini87 likes this.
  4. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it can be hard (especially when telling someone "no" in past experience has caused confrontation) but it's really okay to set boundaries. If you don't have feelings for someone, you're under no obligation to date them. And no problem, I hope things go well. If you let them know this wasn't malicious in nature and that it was because you didn't want to hurt anyone, I hope they'll understand. :slight_smile:

LostInDaydreams likes this.
  5. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi WhEEzer,
    And welcome to Empty Closets!
    Some folks manage to date more than one person at a time. One of the most fun stories in our family is of great grandma going on two dates on the same night, both at the same restaurant but different hours. She had a light meal with one, and main course and desert with the other one an hour or two later. They didn’t know. The next generations started the whole “be true to one date” and jumping quickly into “going steady” - and great grandma’s generation thought that was a mistake not to get to know many possible folks.

But if these are both your friends, I think you do need to let them know you love dating each of them, or are afraid for your friendships, or are on overload, or whatever.

6. PurpleDude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Instead of crashing and burning all this, unless there has been any discussion with either of them as to whether or not you're seeing anyone else, why stress yourself out and possibly miss out on something that might be headed somewhere. If you didn't head into this with the intention of deceiving either of them, why would you feel you've done so?