1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't fully come out as trans!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by danielle17, Jan 18, 2022.

1. danielle17

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I came out to my mom a few months back, but she isn't fully supportive of me dressing and acting like a girl. And now my dad moved back in with us! I am not out to him. Before he was here I could at paint my nails, but now I can't even do that! I've tried support groups in my area, but I can't come up with a decent excuse to leave our apartment. And I can't do online zoom support groups because our apartment is tiny and they see everything I do on the computer. I'm 19, but leaving home is not an option due to finances. Everyday my situation is getting more hopeless! I truly don't know how long I can keep living like this!

2. Stephanie00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Girl, I’m in the same position as you, my parents aren’t really supportive on me being a girl, they don’t see our point of view of this situation, and your parents need to learn that there are some things they can’t change, they don’t know hell we’re going through, but look there’s always some people that you gotta be yourself with, like friends or other trusted family members, even in text you can tell them you’re name and you’re pronouns, if you think they won’t accept you that is ok dont do it, when somebody address you as a man, correct them inside you’re head, it doesn’t sound like much but it eases the dysphoria and pain, not much but it helps, but it’s always important you have somebody to talk to about this, you don’t have to talk to about this you’re parents, just wait until you can move out, you gotta be strong, and if you feel you can’t make it, try to gain confidence to talk to your parents about it, they need to understand that this is real, but always remember safety first, don’t go into a situation where you’re parents might get abusive, trust me this drives people into suicide, I’ve felt like that many times, you can always be yourself when you’re alone in your room perhaps up where your parents don’t see you (if you have one), make sure that let some of that dysphoria and negative energy out, just remember, you are what you need to be, not what you’re parents want, not what you’re friends want, what YOU need, don’t think about what everybody else wants, think about what you want and what’s going to make you feel better and more at home in you’re body

You have my full on support Dani, im always here for you!