1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make a statement and give a flair that as an L I don’t accept men

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by missmsms, Jan 6, 2022.

1. missmsms

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Without hindering ethics of human behavior I don’t want male vibes flowing my way because I find it sexually harrasive and disturbing and prefer the company of women and women only. Without any male vibes tailing after me to my home. How do I assert my territory as a male like lesbian who dresses like one, acts like one but is an L not wanting any males around?

2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, @missmsms. I'm not entirely sure what you're asking; are you asking how to keep strange men from bothering you in public/social situations/etc? Because in all frankness, I don't think many of us--straight, bi or gay--have worked that out. Sadly, there will always be men who feel entitled to something they can't have. Sometimes they even knowingly go after lesbians with the idea that they haven't "had the right dick yet", which is pretty disgusting.

I think the only thing you can do if a man approaches you is tell him you're not interested. You don't have to explain yourself in any way, shape, or form. If you're not interested, it's not anyone's business why unless you choose to tell them. Body language is a good way to drive the message home, too. Exude confidence with the way you stand, walk, make eye contact, etc. Like animals in the wild will make themselves appear bigger, we humans sometimes need to do the same. Don't be afraid to take up space. Don't lower your gaze, and make sure nothing about it can be construed as interest. If you adopt the "thousand yard stare", they may call you a bitch (or mutter it amongst themselves), but most guys like this are cowards and aren't likely to approach. Your clothing, sad as it sounds, will probably keep them away too, since most guys like this would rather make fun of a masculine-presenting woman than pursue them (or so my own experience in my youth has taught me).

It's also worth stating that being in a group is a good way to stay safe/ensure there are witnesses around, should some altercation occur. This is, of course, factoring in worst-case scenarios, which hopefully won't be an issue (but it would be idealism not to plan for it).

I don't know if this helps, but I hope you have success in sending the message to would-be pursuers. :slight_smile: