1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone I need some advice on coming out as Bi-sexual

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Yoto2170, May 23, 2021.

1. Yoto2170

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello everyone I need some advice on what I should do next in my situation, I’m a 23 yr old man who has been in a straight relationship for about 2 years now with the girl of my dreams but I just recently decided it was finally time to come out to someone that I’m Bi-sexual.

I’ve always known this since I was young but have never told anyone until now. I decided my girlfriend of 2 years was the first person I wanted to tell since she’s been open with me about her bi-sexuality since early on in our relationship and I ultimately trusted her the most cause she’s always been supportive of me in everything. Our relationship is very healthy and we communicate abouteverything with each other and we love each other very much.

We had a really great conversation about it and she thinks it’s great and she says she supports me fully but for some reason I still feel insecure about it and worry she thinks different of me even though she has assured me she doesn’t and she loves me no matter what.

Half of me feels this way but the other half of me feels so good that I could finally open up with this to someone especially my partner. And I can already feel half of my insecurity being lifted from my shoulders.

My question is will these mixed feelings start to fade as I accept myself more and more or will it stay with me? Do I just need to trust my partner more?

I’ve always struggled with anxiety but I’ve been really working on my mental health and I think this was one of the healthiest steps I could of taken but I still have that worry, I just need some advice on if I did the right thing and where to go next on becoming more comfortable with everything?

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC.

She has told you that she fully supports you and that is even from a position where she knows what it is like to be bisexual. As I see it right now the best thing would be to just accept that she really does accept it and support you. Life and relationships are hard enough, there is no point in looking for unnecessary trouble.

3. Yoto2170

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the reply, yes that’s what I figured I need to do but just with me coming out for the first time it’s a weird feeling that I told someone but also a good feeling, it’s hard to explain really, I’ve always accepted myself and have never really been afraid to show it in my persona but I guess I just went so long asking myself how, when or if I could ever come out with it to someone else and when I finally did it was kind of hard to believe if you know what I mean?

4. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Coming from a married Bi guy it was so hard for me to come out to my wife I just came out 2 years ago I knew I liked both guys and girls at a young age but was hard for me to accept myself back then

5. Yoto2170

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations on coming out to your wife! How does it feel 2 years later? Do you still feel insecure or worry about her thoughts on it? Or did those feelings eventually pass?

6. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Feels great im can actually say im out and proud

7. Yoto2170

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That’s awesome to hear! and comforting as well, I think this is going to be a fun journey for me and I’m just so glad my partner wants to support me through it, thanks for sharing your story

8. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No problem there's not that many out bisexuals