1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heartbroken

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GhostNeko, Mar 31, 2016.

1. GhostNeko

Yesterday, 18 days before our 1 year anniversary, my girlfriend all of the sudden became sad. She said she might have fallen in love with someone else. And that she doesn't know what to do. I told her that she should give herself time before she decided what to do. I told her that no matter who she decided to be with, I'd be fine as long as she is happy. Today she called me over Skype, and she seemed completely over me. After she hung up, I began to bawl my eyes out
    My heart felt like it was just ripped apart. I don't know what to do.

2. YeahpIdk

Sorry to hear that :frowning2:

When I was your age, my then-boyfriend was starting to fall out of love with me and be interested in other people. I thought I was going to marry him. I forced the break up because I could tell his heart wasn't into it, and I didn't want things to keep going in the downward direction they were. I was so hurt and heartbroken that I put his sweatshirt on my pillow for a few nights and cried into it non-stop. Eventually I cut that sweat shirt to shreds... and even worse, I went into his email one night after we were broken up and read this super long, detailed message to one of his friends about his encounter with this chick. I actually even remember some of the words verbatim because it was so horrific to read. But guess what? I barely think of him now. And if I do, it's no where near any kind of romantic form. But in the moments, I never thought I was going to get over him.

It always sucks when someone doesn't feel the same way you feel about them, and it hurts. Sometimes it feels like the worst pain in the world, but we keep going. I know you don't want to hear it, but you're young, and this will likely happen a few more times to you. Some will hurt worse than this, believe it or not. Some will hurt way less. All I can say is, you're gonna be alright. It takes time, but someday, this will be a distant memory to you.

Feel better :slight_smile: