1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glove fetish: Is it weird?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by JaneC, Mar 10, 2017.

1. JaneC

Hi all,
    So I've had a glove fetish for years now. Long story short, I wear gloves all the time. I'm not a germaphobe or anything, and while I do have funky fashion tastes, I really can't explain my obsession with gloves. For the most part, when I'm out and about, I wear leather or satin gloves that cover the tips of my fingers up past my wrist, or sometimes up past my elbow (opera-length) which are my favorite, but not always the most practical.
    They are also an integral part of my sex life. Actually my first serious girlfriend was the one who got me to realize my glove fetish as she was into gloves too. Without getting too graphic, I have to wear gloves in order to feel good and it's impossible for me to have sex without gloves on. I also need my partner to wear gloves too.
    I was never self-conscious about my fetish up until my ex-gf told me off about it. While she appeased my fetish and wore gloves with me while we were together, we had a pretty harsh break up and she ended up telling me that my glove fetish was "Sick". She said "You need to see a psychiatrist about this. It's unnatural!" It hurt me pretty bad.
    My question: Is my glove fetish really weird and should I seek help? I really don't want to rid myself of my glove fetish, but maybe if I am truly weird...

2. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really because it's things like that which is what makes us all unique and different to everyone else for example i have a fingerless glove fetish and you live your life however the hell you want to do not let anyone tell you otherwise. :slight_smile:

3. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, you're not sick. I don't think there's anything wrong with it per se. But can you take them off? If you take them off do you get anxious or agitated or otherwise react negatively? You say you can't have sex without them or your partner wearing them. This sounds like a problem. One should indulge their partner's fetish or kink but you can't expect them to every time. You should be able to forgo the gloves sometimes.

I think she was being hurtful when she said what she said. She really could have handled it better.

4. cakepiecookie

Fetishes are inherently "weird" in some way, but they're also super common and normal, if that makes sense. There's nothing wrong with you. And gloves are a super mild fetish to have.

That said, if you're very insistent about it in a pushy way, I can see how that have been an issue for your partner. I don't know whether that's the case though.

It mostly sounds like your ex was just trying to say the most hurtful thing she could come up with.

5. WMM

WMM

Obsession?

Addictions own people, they control people.

Just don't let your need for this cause you a problem, or cause you to loose something you want.

Be well

6. JaneC

Thank you for your replies so far. To answer some questions: Yes I do take them off, in public as well, but I just don't like taking them off. I wouldn't say it's quite the same as walking around bare-chested, but it's within that type of feeling.
    For sex, I HAVE to wear gloves no matter what. I've tried even masturbating without gloves and I don't feel good. I don't think I'm super pushy when it comes to intimacy, she didn't wear the gloves many times when we were together, but I can see how I might have pushed her or really pleaded with her to wear the gloves once in a while, but it was mostly outside the bedroom, when I wanted us to wear gloves together for a party or something and she didn't want to. However, I must reiterate that she was totally on board with my fetish in our privacy sessions up until we broke up and she went raw on me.
    Thank you so much for the support. Glad I found this site.

7. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is very interesting. I have a bit of a glove fetish as well (rubber, latex, vinyl or nitrile. Don't think leather or satin would do anything for me), but it very much overlaps with a medical fetish in my case. After reading your story, I'm starting to think mine is pretty mild lol. I wouldn't want to just wear gloves all the time.

But yeah, I don't think you're weird at all. Or maybe weird but not SICK. I think it's kinda hot. But, if you literally can't have pleasurable sex without gloves and it causes you relationship problems, maybe that is an issue worth exploring. Sounds like your ex was just trying to attack you in any way she could though by picking something you're sensitive about.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All fetishes are weird to the people who don't share them. I'd put this a bit more on the unusual side - just as in "fewer people seem to have this fetish than some of the others". And the only real sticking point might be the fact that you require your partner to wear gloves, as well. Speaking only for myself, I wouldn't mind that my sex partner insisted on wearing gloves...but I personally wouldn't want to wear gloves myself every time I had sex. I just like the tactile sensation of feeling my partner too much to give it up every time. :slight_smile:

So would that be something you could compromise on? Where at least they wouldn't have to wear gloves all the time? Because if so, I'd say your fetish is both harmless and probably easily dealt with by any potential partner. And at that point, I don't think you need "help"...other than perhaps a running discount at any glove shop you frequent. :slight_smile:

Lex