1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girls: Femme or butch?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by black-cat, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, it helped... :lol: The last sounds a lot like me too... but I have some "old world manners" if I date a girl. :lol:
    There are lots, lots of labels... I think they're fun, I like reading the definitions and thinking if I or someone else has traits of the one or the other.

2. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Between soft butch and butch. At least I believe I was supposed to be like that, y'know? Behave in a more manly way without losing some of my femininity, but still being seem as a masculine person if that makes sense...

3. Sophie986

Sophie986 Guest

I'm a femme, I like other femmes but I also like soft butches so I don't know what to call that c;

4. Lipstick Leuger

Yeah, they can be fun, but it is important to not get all caught up in them too much. People can get really unhappy that way. :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2014 at 03:53 PM ----------

It makes perfect sense to me. I have heard many softer butch women say the exact same things.

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'm kind of unsure whether I'd be more of a soft butch or a tomboy "femme" now. I feel extremely androgynous and I'm not sure if I'm masculine or feminine; I feel like both. I don't like dresses/skirts/or makeup though, but I have long hair and can sometimes be submissive

6. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely prefer feminine characteristics (in both sexes) to masculine ones in people. In terms of "femme" vs "butch" her face still has to be fairly feminine or I probably won't find her attractive. Past her face, whether she dresses and acts more feminine or masculine doesn't make a difference to me. So this pretty much means femmes and soft butches.

7. AngelinMD

Out Status:
    Some people
    Im a new femme. Love my gf who is butch. Everyone is surprised at my now being with a woman ..... guess in my 40s coming out is a surprise to everyone.... even me lol

8. IJustWantToLove

I like Nedussa's description:

Most of my clothes come from the women's department, but aren't really feminine. Most of my accessories are somewhat unisex, I don't care for make-up, and as of late I have short hair. The boyish/butchy(/geeky) kind of girl is also the type that catches my attention.
    But my mannerisms, I guess, are, even though I sometimes tend to act a bit more masculine, a mix of what's stereotypically seen as masculine or feminine.

9. Lipstick Leuger

(((HUGS)))

Welcome out!

10. I'd call myself a Lipstick Bi-Romantic Homosexual because I, mostly, (apart from not wanting to wear skirts/dresses), am a girly girl and I have medium length hair (and it'd be longer too if I could have control over that) and I'm really only attracted to other feminine girls, I'm not into butch girls - Though I would date one if I loved her personality!

11. prussianblue100

Well, it's simple really. Femmes are girly and feminine while butches are more masculine and tomboyish. I consider myself a feminine lesbian, otherwise known as a femme. I prefer other femmes, but I would be willing to date butches too.

12. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I consider myself more inclined to the butch side since I feel more comfortable using more masculine clothes, but I interact in a more femme to neutral way, y'know? Not too girly, just enought for you to know that I'm a little feminine.

13. Toast8971

14. finebime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I fall somewhere in the middle, I think. I love getting all glammed up in makeup and a beautiful dress with my hair done, but I also live in t-shirts and jeans a lot, and I love rocking sexy "menswear".

15. Kenzie

I look and act very feminine. I guess I look more like a tomboy on my lazy days though

16. robotunicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tinted chapstick that smells like cotton candy.

17. Sarah2695

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am most definitely femme.