1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girls: Femme or butch?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by black-cat, Jun 13, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I forgot to say I love the color pink :eusa_doh:

2. LonestarConnie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Jeans and t-shirts, but I want to be more femme.

Favorite colors are green and pink.

3. LilBlueLC

I'm pretty neutral, I think. I'm a tomboy. Jeans and a t-shirt everyday. Make-up? Never. I like everything inbetween the absolute extremes. (That almost rhymed)

4. RussianPinkLady

Fem is more girl-ish
    butch is more masculine or androgynous than the hetero-normative, same with the above
    i am personally a lipstick lesbian as fem often implyes that their girlfriend is on the butch side, but in my relasionships no one has pants :eusa_danc

5. Sarah2695

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am most definitely a femme. I do not leave the house without makeup and a put together outfit. Plus, I am very attracted to butches:wink:

6. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say I'm a soft butch, a tomboy with a woman-ish side, or something like that.

7. Lipstick Leuger

Tomboi Femme sounds like the perfect label to me!

If you pair something like Tomboi or Chapstick with Femme, people figure it's modified anyhow. So, use it if you want to, and are comfortable with it. My youngest is a Bi Tomboi Femme, and she is attracted to girly girls also as other Tombois. She likes the label and is sticking to it. Another option is, you could go with just Tomboi(sometimes she does). Anyone who fights with you over your label choice is just an asshole anyhow. Tomboi is also a newer label so it is up to your generation to define it.
    :thumbsup:

8. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I don't even know, I don't EVEN KNOW........... is there a fun hip term for people that like to jump between femme/lipstick and tomboy and butch-lite or is it just "damn girl get it together, u cant have it all, greedy shit"

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Yes, actually. It's called Being You.

10. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

yeah but then i do the online dating thing and it's like what pictures.... should i painfully decide to use............ i dont want anyone to think i deceived them or anything also i'm fat so deception, i gotta be careful u feel

11. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm neither butch or femme. I never wear man's clothes or masculine-like clothes but also i never wear girly shoes or skirts, or anything pink.
    I usually wear all star or skate shoes, jeans and girls t-shirt, or a plaid shirt, or a sweatshirt.
    I tend to wear black/white/gray/red.
    On make-up, i only put on eye liner and i don't wear any kind of jewelry, only some travel bracelets i never take off.

12. lovely lesbian

13. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wait, what's the difference between a tomboy femme and a butch?

14. FireRose2071

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I consider myself to be femme. Not lipstick--I am NOT that girly--but I do like girly things. I like dresses and long flow-y skirts, but I don't mind dressing down in jeans and a t-shirt and going and running around outside.

15. Lipstick Leuger

A Butch is a masculine lesbian, that only dates Femmes.

Butch can also mean a masculine lesbian who has male energy and looks typically more male. Usually they wear guys clothes and have short hair, they like sports or more traditionally male orientated past times. Not always however, and it is never considered a good idea to label anyone a Butch on looks or hobbies alone. They also usually have more old world manners such as walking you to your car, carrying your packages for you and opening your doors. It is meant as an honor and cherishing thing.

A Tomboi Femme is a bit less girly than a Lipstick/Femme, but a lipstick will only date other girly girls, Tomboi Femmes will also sometimes date Soft Butches,(but most often stick to other Tombois.) They wear ties or dress pants, or simple skirts, not really frilly and stuff. They usually like sports or are sporty, they often do not wear makeup or like to camp and maybe even hunt. They are typically the tomboy some little girls were, and never grew out of.

I hope this helps.:icon_bigg

16. BelleFromHell

All I can say is thank you! :thumbsup:

I think the "tomboy femme" and "tomboy" labels suit me best, and I'm pretty comfortable with them, so they're what I'm sticking with. :slight_smile:

17. Najlen

I consider myself a soft butch. This is because I only ever wear skinny jeans, never skirts or guys pants. I only rarely wear makeup, and though I have a boot fetish I only wear cofortable shoes that I can run in, never heels. I also enjoy things that are more stereotypically masculine, have my hair short, and in generl tend to act a bit ike a guy.

18. TheStormInside

I feel like I need a cheat sheet to keep up, haha. Maybe a diagram with descriptions and arrows, pointing between the attractions of each "type."

From the descriptions I've come across I probably am closest to "blue jeans femme," or maybe chapstick. I consider myself more feminine than masculine, have long hair and when dressing up will wear dresses or skirts, though usually I'm in jeans and a t-shirt or a nice-ish top. I am into some more traditionally feminine things like art, animals, and generally all things cute. But I wouldn't call myself girly, don't do makeup, dislike cooking (though I'll do it anyway), and tend to have a rather practical mindset. I find myself most attracted to feminine women, though sometimes slightly boyish is cute, too. So I'm not sure if "femme" fits in that regard. I guess for some these labels are good shorthand, for others, maybe a bit more wiggle room is needed.

19. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I identify as an androgynous lesbian... I fall into the middle of both femme and butch. I like wearing make-up but I also basically live in boys clothes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. femme i guess?
    i hardly ever wear trousers and wear dresses/skirts all the time. dont really wear much make up though.... or heels, mostly flats... so whatever that makes me.
    i have short hair but wear wigs often so have long hair more often than my short hair lol.

into sports to and go running/work out.... so... idk.