1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News General who lead gay purge in Chechnya killed

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Unsure77, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Unsure77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In the article there is one person who said that he didn't wish anyone dead, but was relieved that there was one less murderer around. That was a safer way to put it. It's good that he's gone.

I'm sort of dumbfounded at how my friends and acquaintances don't seem too ruffled up by this war. It's madness and I'm worried. I tend to worry as it is.

3. Unsure77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m a Gen X’er. I feel kinda numb to it (the war). I was a child during the tail end of the Cold War. We did drills in school for what to do in case of nuclear attack from the Russians.

That general dying…the world is a better place with him gone. They were torturing queers to get them to out their friends and then murdering them all. And then also advising families to murder their queer children to remove the shame. That was this guy’s doing. Him and Putin.

It’s what makes what’s going on in these Republican state legislatures a little scary. The direction they’re desperately trying to take us.

#3 Unsure77, Mar 3, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  4. Loves books

The war is terrible it was all over tv and still is. There was a story on the radio and tv on an Irish student who got trapped over there. Apparently she made it to the border with two Scottish men and arrived back in Ireland a few days later. My mother and I were all for taking a refuge in to our home but apparently we live in a rural area and that’s not suitable. As for the guy who was killed, good riddance. I hope the almost world wide boycott of Russia actually does something.

5. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a Gen X'er as well. Just the other day, I had to explain to a non-gen X'er why we are the way we are because they didn't quite get it or even really believe it.

6. Unsure77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The fact that we grew up with the constant threat of nuclear annihilation and largely raised ourselves because, well, we were raised by Boomers? The fact that there was that “It’s 10pm. Do you know where your children are” public service commercials to remind adults to check on their kids sort of speaks volumes about why we’re the way they are.