1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluid

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by meowster, Nov 22, 2021.

1. meowster

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Recently i’ve been struggling with my gender identity and i think i might be genderfluid? if anyone has any experience figuring out if you fit this identity please let me know. Sometimes I feel more masculine, but I also feel like I am a woman. I don’t mind he/him pronouns. Identity is very confusing.

ScottG likes this.
  2. Obliteratrix47

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Figuring out gender identity is really hard, just like figuring out your sexuality is hard. It is possible that you might be genderfluid, but it's your identity. Use whatever pronouns you feel comfortable. I wish you the best.

meowster likes this.
  3. Marss

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’m Genderfluid. You can feel masculine and be completely a woman. It’s more about if you feel male, female or non binary rather than feeling feminine or masculine which anyone regardless of gender can identify with. (unless you mean to use masculine = male?) being Genderfluid can be complicated and you will feel very much at odds with yourself…but if you feel that’s who you are then go for it, see if the label fits. Try it out. Best.

meowster and gravechild like this.
  4. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi there and welcome to EC! Have you tried keeping a regular journal of your feelings in a diary? I took a slightly nerdier approach by doing it in an excel spreadsheet and then using percentages for how much of a boy or a girl I felt together with noting my feelings at the time and potential triggers. At the end of a month, the fluctuations were really easy to see and patterns emerged in their causes as well.

5. MzMrAlexa

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    You may well be Genderfluid or perhaps better put you just are who you are and that's Ok! ... For most in this world gender is a Binary construct, but some of us are born wired somewhere between the two. Over the years I've always felt out of place and it wasn't until I was nearly 40 that I started realizing and coming to terms with it all, and in some ways I'm still trying to find my way.

Being Genderfluid is a funny thing... and to me the name is a bit misleading. I know that I am who I am and if I had to put myself on a line between the two genders in makeup I would say that I am biased towards the feminine side, but not enough to desire to live full time as a woman, but I do need to express as both male and female. That being said I don't think that internally I am fluid which is sort of what the name implies, but instead I think I really am both at the same time and need to express them both if that makes any sense? And I also find that being who I am is a good thing because in some ways I get to enjoy the best of both worlds, with the caveat being that I find it a lonely place as so few, esp. in my age group can wrap their head around it let alone accept it so finding a partner with whom I can just be myself is a very difficult proposition ~ But that's another story for another time. The big thing is that we first have to accept ourselves and be Ok with who we are, then once we get there worry about the acceptance of others... And if you're questioning things and finding that the traditional molds don't fit you're definitely off to a good start!

meowster likes this.
  6. meowster

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is an amazing idea!! i will definitely try this, thank you so much!! <3

7. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How you been doing ?

8. meowster

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have been okay. Still struggling with finding a label, but I am content with no labels for now. Thank you for checking in, that’s really sweet! Sorry for late response <3

9. meowster

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i
    it’s been a long time hi everyone!! missed y’all. i’ve figured out a lot recently. i’m a lesbian. i have a gf too!! i’m a cis woman but i use all pronouns :grin: thank you for all the help love you all <33

Marss and DragonChaser like this.
  10. Marss

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people

Lol me too glad you figured things out.

11. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He