1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender fluid/Genderqueer

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by questions4ever, Feb 14, 2017.

1. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Rather recently I've started questioning my gender - I'm really confused tbh. Most of my life I've been perfectly ok with being a girl, but other times I don't really feel like a guy or a girl, the other day god the first time I cried because I wanted something different down there. I've decided to experiment with binding/packing/clothes/makeup etc. and explore where I fall on the spectrum of gender. What are some basic gender queer/gender fluid wardrobe essentials?

2. lawlight

Ah, the wonders of figuring out just wtf gender is.

I can't help you with the feminine side of exploration, but for days when you feel more masculine, I'd suggest a tight sports bra (for binding purposes. If that works out for you but you want something flatter, check out actual binders in the future?) and a t-shirt/hoodie/flannel, and a beanie for if you have longer hair. And finally, if you're not particularly fashion-forward, a pair of sweats usually get read as masculine.

Packing is kind of eh, I guess. You mentioned that you were hit by bottom dysphoria, so you could mess around with packing with a sock, at first? I don't really think it's an integral part to masculine presentation, though, because seriously, who's going to be checking out your junk in public...?

I got a bit rambly there, sorry. Hopefully that was helpful though, and I wish you luck figuring stuff out!

3. actualdust

I'm in a similar situation and have been questioning for a while now. I resonate most with an agender identity, which is neither male nor female, but my feelings still fluctuate. Anyway though, to your point, I mostly wear tees, tanks and sweaters with a binder on and jeans. I have my hair cut short but people mostly still read me as a girl which is uncomfortable, but the binder does help. Take your time exploring your gender and don't be afraid to experiment, you're never out of time to discover your identity :slight_smile: