1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time since coming out

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Cml, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Cml

Cml

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How long after coming out did you have your first sexual experience?
    I'm still waiting for my first time after coming out 10 months ago. I'm not into in hookups or ONS but I'm considering it more lately.

Nealg likes this.
  2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people get straight into it, while others take a little bit of time out. The process of coming out can be emotionally draining for some people and a period of calm and recovery is necessary afterwards. That's all okay and nobody can say how long that time out should be, although it's probably a good idea to start moving forward sooner rather than later, otherwise you may feel like you have 'stalled' after coming out.

If we are going to hook up with people, we just need to be clear in our own minds about what is happening. A hook up hardly ever leads to a long term relationship or emotional commitment and we need to understand that from the get-go. If we do and we are able to accept that it's just for fun, we can use hook ups as a stop gap while we are exploring our sexuality. The main thing is to not expect more or offer more when hooking up with people, because that's how we end up getting hurt. All that said, it's important to point out that hook ups are not for everyone, even during the exploration stage. Do what feels right for you.

Contented and Nealg like this.
  3. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anybody here had any good or bad experiences with hook ups ?

4. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I came out in April and have my first date with a guy on Saturday. I'm not very likely to do anything on a first date. But, if we hit it off then I would say that it could be in the near future.

5. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Had a few hookups and for the most part fun. Going into it knowing it just a hook up prevents one from placing too much emotional tender into the sex act. Very different with a committed partner.

Isbjorn likes this.