1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expired Time

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BreakingTheMold, Sep 11, 2022.

1. BreakingTheMold

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Time has expired. I have learned a lot about myself from the other side. I am a failure at communicating and my feelings have little to no weight and the issues that bother me, well, they have no meaning. We can discuss them, but the same thing is going to happen and when I respond negatively to it I am the immature person in the relationship. Yet when I do something she doesn’t care for and we discuss it, I try to work on it and it means nothing to her either. I believe I’m not the right person for her. She needs more than what she gets from me and I want more respect/value than she’s willing to admit or give to me. I have allowed myself to put her on a pedestal and in return I get very little, which would be ok if my core needs were met, but she fails to see that and gets offensive if I call it out, and in like true fashion of an offended person she’s decided to cut ties. I think it will be easy for her to walk away, which of course bothers me, but I’ll allow it because I don’t deserve to be disregarded or not heard.

2. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's problably for the better especially, if she don't respect or value you. I think communication is something you are able to learn. No one is really a failure at it and sometimes people do need help from others (like therapist or councellors) in order to communicate with others better. It hurts bad, when someone you love decides to leave you. I hope you are doing okay. Hugs. Eventually it will get better. Now it's time to take care of your own needs and mental health.

BiGemini87 likes this.
  3. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry you're going through this, but I'm also really glad that you understand your worth: it's so, so important not to get trapped in a loveless relationship, where you're constantly doing all the heavy-lifting and yet, it's never enough.

It will probably hurt a hell of a lot if/when you cut ties, but ultimately it's for the best. I don't know if you two are just not a good match or if she's maybe a narcissist (that's the vibe I'm getting), but you deserve so much better than you're getting. I hope, however long it takes and however much time you need to heal and move on, you'll find someone who loves you and appreciates you entirely--warts and all.