1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Think Sexual Orientation Actually Changes?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by masterofnone, Jun 18, 2021.

1. masterofnone

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    yep i pretty much agree with all of this. also like chip said there’s no solid evidence of scientific research that shows that sexual orientation changes. things like sexual orientation aren’t like what our favourite ice cream is. some things are just genetically preset into us in my opinion

2. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gently, I'll stress that I was open to being informed that I might be answering a different question to the one posed because of literalism. It seems that was the case. I'm not "musing philosophically", I am an autistic person describing their own experience. There was genuinely no way for me to discern, in a thread opened with a question with a yes/no/maybe answer, that, "For some people, I think so, I think that was my experience," is The Wrong Answer, because if the only answer appropriate in this location is "No, never," then the question itself would be redundant?

My thinking isn't false. It's just how I experience myself. However, I feel like I'm probably in the wrong conversation, so thank you for obliquely pointing that out and I'll exit the discussion.

3. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know why but when I was young I kind of liked boys but now I'm a lesbian. Though perhaps I just tried to force myself to like guys because I was trying to fit in? I'm not quite sure but I feel gayer now than I used to, though I suppose that could just be me having more knowledge now and working on accepting myself. That being said, I don't support conversion therapy. LGBT people don't need to change. There's nothing wrong with us. It's perfectly natural to be gay, as there are gay animals.

masterofnone likes this.
  4. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I personally don't think it changes, but do believe that it takes time for people to truly "discover who they are".

itsuka, Chip and masterofnone like this.